Another grain free kibble

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:21 pm

It's a coupon code so you get it off the list price. Sign up for their mailing list now so you have a code if you order. You can google codes for the site too, and usually find some, but they may not be the highest discount.

FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Postby FransterDoo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:05 am

Linariel wrote:It's a coupon code so you get it off the list price. Sign up for their mailing list now so you have a code if you order. You can google codes for the site too, and usually find some, but they may not be the highest discount.

thanks lady!!!

kbreese

Postby kbreese » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 am

Yeah I ordered from them once and ever since I get emails all the time from them for anywhere from 13-22% off anything on their site. I usually wait for the 20% ones. I just click on the email link to the website and that particular discount is automatically added when I checkout. Its nice b/c alot of their foods are already on sale (like the TOTW was) and the discount is in addition to that. I have been ordering from them for about a year now and always been satisified.

geisthexe
Newborn Bully

Regarding what Diamond owns

Postby geisthexe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 pm

After reading this post and all the information I decided to email Diamond dog food and ask them personally if they owned Solid Gold or Orijen dog food Companies and here is the email reply

RE: * Diamond Pet Foods Info Request: Product Concern Inbox
Patricia Farrar, DVM <pfarrar> Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:47 AM
To: geisthexe@gmail.com
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
We do not own those companies.

More internet rumors? It's amazing what is out there!

Take care, and have a great week.

Patricia L. Farrar, DVM
Veterinary Services
Diamond Pet Foods
Meta, Missouri 65058
573-229-4203

-----Original Message-----
From: webinfo@diamondpet.com [mailto:webinfo@diamondpet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:50 PM
To: Diamond Pet Foods Veternarian Info
Subject: * Diamond Pet Foods Info Request: Product Concern

The following response was submitted on Tuesday, November 27 at 8:50 pm

--------------------------------------------------

Name: Deb Vigil
E-mail: geisthexe@gmail.com
Phone: removed as it is my personal phone number
I would prefer to be contacted by: E-mail

City: Chesapeake
State: Virginia
Zip Code: 23322

--------------------------------------------------

My Question is Regarding: Product Concern
Product(s) I currently feed my pet: Regarding Products

Comments:
Hello
I am writing but it has been put out that you own Solid Gold Pet Food
and Orijen Pet Food. Could please tell me is this is a fact or a rumor
going around.
I truly appreciate it.
Sincerely
Deb Vigil

I find it funny what goes around the internet. roflmao

Take care

Deb

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 pm

Yea I always heard they manufactured some of the Solid gold items. That is why I wouldn't purchase Solid Gold for my animals.

geisthexe
Newborn Bully

Postby geisthexe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 pm

akaspaddero wrote:Yea I always heard they manufactured some of the Solid gold items. That is why I wouldn't purchase Solid Gold for my animals.

Yeah thats what I have heard as well. So when someone posted on here they thought Diamond had Orijen also I had to ask.
I have also emailed Solid Gold and Orijen to find out who manifactors there food for them.

We will see what they say hopefully they respond

Deb

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Just because they don't own Orijen or Solid Gold doesn't mean that they don't manufacture their kibbles for them.

Many dog food companies aren't large or profitable enough to have their own kibble processing plants and must pay for a plant to make their food for them.

A good dog food company that uses another company's facility will ship its ingredients to the plant, and a good plant will clean the facility in between batches of food, and make the food exactly to the company's specs.

Diamond did, at one point, manufacture Timberwolf Organics from ingredients supplied by that company, to their specifications. It doesn't anymore, because TWO found another manufacturer (though they can't/won't disclose who makes their food now out of contractual obligation).

That is not to say that Diamond didn't have its own QC issues at one point, and those are certainly something to be mindful of. But those past QC issues don't necessarily render them incapable of producing a good product now, though I totally understand being hesitant about buying food made by them, even if it's made for another company.

But again, just because Diamond told you that it does not own Solid Gold or Orijen does not mean that it has no involvement with those companies and does not mean that Diamond doesn't manufacture SG's/Orijen's food with their ingredients, to their individual specifications. It may, and hopefully they will disclose that information to you.

FWIW, I am pretty sure that SG does in fact use Diamond's processing plant to make its food, and that Orijen has its own plant.

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Our local Pet Supplies Plus recently started carrying this, and while browsing the foods, I realized that the Salmon formula was something Kira could potentially eat. (No egg, chicken or weird oils like flax or sunflower...)
The greyhound is doing better on the Eagle Pack than anything else we have tried, but the poo isn't quite where I would like it to be, so what the hey..why not?
I will update as I see how they do..
(fingers crossed that this may be the ONE food I can both dogs....)

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm

I fed this to my cats for a while, and was devastated that they don't have it here locally when I moved out to Washington. My cats did fantastically on it!

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:23 am

Misskiwi67 wrote:I fed this to my cats for a while, and was devastated that they don't have it here locally when I moved out to Washington. My cats did fantastically on it!

I order mine from www.westcoastpetsupply.com

It's cheap and the shipping isn't a ripoff. They're based in California, so shipping to WA shouldn't be too bad.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:33 am

L Boogie wrote:
Misskiwi67 wrote:I fed this to my cats for a while, and was devastated that they don't have it here locally when I moved out to Washington. My cats did fantastically on it!

I order mine from www.westcoastpetsupply.com

It's cheap and the shipping isn't a ripoff. They're based in California, so shipping to WA shouldn't be too bad.

I started them on wellness, and the stinky food change farts are just starting to go away... so I think I'll stick with this for a while. Thanks though!!!

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:50 pm

So far, so good.
The greyhound's loose poo is getting firmer, and no itchies for Kira..
we may have a winner!!

artemiss
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby artemiss » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:36 am

Just wanted to update..

My mutts have been on the Pacific Stream TOTW for almost three weeks now. (well, two weeks transition, one week just TOTW)

The greyhound has the best poo she's had since we've had her, and seems to have lots of energy and bit less dander.

Kira has somewhat larger poos, but still good and firm. And she seems to be getting hair behind her ears, for the first time EVER. I was petting her yesterday and noticed peach-fuzz.

Both of their coats looks great, and both seem to digest it well. And it's cheaper than the prescription stuff Kira was on.

I am sold.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:26 am

artemis good to see the Pacific Stream is working well for your dogs – my dog has been doing really well on it for over 6 months now :)

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm

I was feeding the High Prairie formula for a few months, but it didn't seem to work well for 2 of my 3. Itchies, lots of shedding, Shelby developed demodex (not sure if it's food related), raunchy gas and inconsistant poos. I switched to the Wetland Formula and they are doing a LOT better.

Return to “Health Issues”