Asthma?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
RodentRanger
Super Bully

Asthma?

Postby RodentRanger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 am

I did a search and couldn't find anything particularly helpful...I even Googled.

When Yoda runs, he whistles. He rarely reverse sneezes, and he doesn't have kennel cough. He just chirps/whistles when he runs. It's pretty loud too. It's not too difficult to hear over the dogs running and dinosauring. Once he's not panting any more, the whistle/chirp goes away and he's normal again. This is fairly new-like started this summer new. He used to run all day every day, then went down to played hard doggy dinosauring all day every day, now he's fairly sedentary (with the baby, I just don't have the time to run him every day).
He had a rough summer with a back injury and whatever made him freak out for a few months. He's totally normal Yoda now aside from his wheeze.
Can dogs have asthma? If so, how is it treated? Could he need a doggy nebulizer? Before I make an appointment with the vet, I'd like to know if he's going to think I'm crazy for thinking my dog has asthma. :))
Thanks!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Does he whistle when he breathes in, breathes out, or both??

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Out I think?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:52 am

If its much more obvious when he breathes out, then its probably something in his chest... if its more when he breathes in, then its probably something in his nose. Either way if its a new finding, I'd get it checked out soon because it could be an early sign of a problem.

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:41 am

Okay, thanks. I will call the vet tomorrow. :frown:

Return to “Health Issues”