-Bruno's jewel's aren't dropping?-

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:07 pm

So have his testicles dropped at all? If not, he's a cryptorchid... which means he's retained the testicles up inside his body. Not good... very high risk for cancer on cryptorchid dogs. Get him neutered asap for his health sake.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:17 pm

KadillacGrrl wrote:So have his testicles dropped at all? If not, he's a cryptorchid... which means he's retained the testicles up inside his body. Not good... very high risk for cancer on cryptorchid dogs. Get him neutered asap for his health sake.

:goodpost:

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:18 pm

KadillacGrrl wrote:So have his testicles dropped at all? If not, he's a cryptorchid... which means he's retained the testicles up inside his body. Not good... very high risk for cancer on cryptorchid dogs. Get him neutered asap for his health sake.

Well like I said it'll be 5 months this Sunday and I don't know how to describe it really cause his testicles are there but they're just not hanging low enough? And I don't wanna have to take a picture cause that would be just gross, but they're there and you can see it but it's just not hanging low. What are true signs of "cryptorchid" and any detailed descriptions about it? If it helps I've seen his "red thing" come out numerous times.

Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador

Postby Chasesmom » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Your dog is 5 months. His balls aren't going to be huge. He's a puppy. Were your balls huge when you were 5 months old??

I think everybody else was very informative about the breeding situation and I agree with them. If you are breeding to make a quick buck and not to better the breed, than you have no right to do so.

Glad to see you are open minded about it.

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Dang after reading through those links, it made me think twice and made me come to my senses. I'm gonna look into getting him neutured

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Cboy1 wrote:Dang after reading through those links, it made me think twice and made me come to my senses. I'm gonna look into getting him neutured

That is probably for the best. Congrats on the decision

Good luck with the pup

As for the peeing like a girl. Some males always do thast and never lift their leg while others lift on everything and mark like crazy. Every dog is different

Dominance and being around other dogs also plays a part

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:45 pm

Quick off the topic question, is it true when a dog get's "speutered" that his/her personality changes? Cause my sister's friend has a male Pit and he said before the pup was neutered he was off the wall and energetic but after the neuter process he sorta "calmed down."

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 pm

Cboy1 wrote:Quick off the topic question, is it true when a dog get's "speutered" that his/her personality changes? Cause my sister's friend has a male Pit and he said before the pup was neutered he was off the wall and energetic but after the neuter process he sorta "calmed down."

Nope
I wish
lol
Jasper 'calmed down' a little bit, when he hit 3 yrs old - he was neutered at 6 mths old.

The only thing he didn't do was drive me CRAZY like boys do, when they smell girls in heat....
My experience with non-neutered boys:
- want to pick fights with every other not-neutered dog
- mark territory every half a step
- LICK up previously marked/peed on spots, drool, and then pee over top
- if female in heat in vicinity....holy lord.... It's amazing I didn't strangle my dog ! (this is experience with GSD and toy poodle unneutered males - neither was ever used for repro btw).

Jasper also took forever to pee like a boy, and he still on occasion reverts back to girl peeing. And he even had a big brother to show him the ropes.

And thanks so much for being so open-minded about the advice for breeding you received here...I'm whole-heartedly happy that you're re-thinking it :)

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Oh hmm I guess to each his own(in this case dog). I was hoping he'd calm down even just a little bit cause his jumping is still a problem even after professional training.

Yeah Bruno went literally chaotic when he saw another female blue nose in heat. And he's still a baby!

And yeah I'm really glad I reconsidered after reading all those sad stories and learning the facts about the reality of our beloved dogs. I only didn't want to neuter him because I didn't want to inflict pain which I thought might have ruined our friendship.

Another quick question seeing how we're sorta on the topic. How long is the healing process after Bruno get's neutered? I'm sure the Vet's will answer and go over that but just to hear a response from fellow Pit owners would be more helpful.

lovebeingme
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby lovebeingme » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Cboy1 wrote:Quick off the topic question, is it true when a dog get's "speutered" that his/her personality changes? Cause my sister's friend has a male Pit and he said before the pup was neutered he was off the wall and energetic but after the neuter process he sorta "calmed down."

All the male dogs to come through my home benefited immensly.

No more marking, no more humping, substantially subdued dog aggression.

My male Bastian since being neutered has turned in to my "rock". He's the most level headed dog in the house.

Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby 04100824 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:42 pm

My dog was already neutered when we took him in, but my friends' boxer bounced back very quickly. They were having a hard time keeping him sill as soon as he came out of the anethesia!

Here's a link with tons of information and more links:

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/D ... payDay.php

:thumbsup:

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:39 pm

lovebeingme wrote:All the male dogs to come through my home benefited immensly.

No more marking, no more humping, substantially subdued dog aggression.

My male Bastian since being neutered has turned in to my "rock". He's the most level headed dog in the house.

Well that's the kinda answer I wanted to hear.

So how long is the healing process?

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:45 pm

04100824 wrote:My dog was already neutered when we took him in, but my friends' boxer bounced back very quickly. They were having a hard time keeping him sill as soon as he came out of the anethesia!

Here's a link with tons of information and more links:

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/D ... payDay.php

:thumbsup:

Nvm read that entire article, helped me out LIKE CRAZY. Thanks dude. :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”