What is this?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:45 pm

do you have any health food stores near you? like not the big ones, but like a small health food store? i would call around to see if they carry it, its cheaper as you wont pay for shipping..

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 pm

ME, I was thinking of that. I am sure there are mom and pop health food stores in my area.

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:52 pm

I personally don't believe dogs don't sweat.
You ever let your dog run around a lot, then hang out in a small room with them? They have to sweat.
roflmao

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:32 pm

dogs don't sweat?

When Sheba stays under a wool blanket for too long, her chest and belly feel slightly damp. It is back to normal once she is out on the air.

What is this then?

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:57 pm

Maryellen wrote:youre welcome!

ACIDOPHILUS
This is a powder form of the normal, friendly bacteria that live in our intestines (called flora). Our intestinal flora helps regulate our digestion and stool patterns. Yeast also lives in our intestines. The yeast and the bacterial flora are constantly competing for space, and generally they keep each other in check. Sometimes, however, our bacterial flora can get depleted, such as when taking antibiotics. This allows the yeast to overgrow, which can then lead to a variety of problems:

http://www.calvetsupply.com/browseprodu ... 1-lb..HTML

http://www.homeherb.com/specialstore/acidophilus.htm

ME, I finally bought the powder today! I am not only using it for Molly but for Logan as well. I hope to see results within the next two weeks.

ColbyDogs
Bully Ambassador

Postby ColbyDogs » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:01 pm

I agree too that it could be yeast. If its wet and smells then yeast is most likely the culpret. How are the dogs ears ? Yeast tends to know no boundries and quit commonly goes into the ears. Yeast definitly has an unmistakeable odor to it as well, can smell that a mile away.

My Shelby gets yeast infections alot or so it seems, we treat her with bathes of apple cider vinigar and some ear care from the vet. When that fails she goes on meds to cure it.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Siberian wrote:dogs don't sweat?

When Sheba stays under a wool blanket for too long, her chest and belly feel slightly damp. It is back to normal once she is out on the air.

What is this then?

Condensation from humidity. Dog's cannot physically sweat unless there is a medical issue.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:12 pm

ColbyDogs wrote: How are the dogs ears ?

I constantly have to monitor her ears. When we adopted her, her ears were so bad, my vet thought she had ruptured her ear drums. Since changing her diet, her ears have improved but I still watch them closely.

Return to “Health Issues”