Gun Powder = aggression??

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Gun Powder = aggression??

Postby SadiesHuman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 pm

Okay someone set my mind at ease with this.

My mom was on the phone with someone today about his pit bull. He had a rednosed pit about 2-3 years ago that had to be put down. The backstory I got was the dog belonged to this guys brother, brother went to jail, dog was bounced from house to house for 3 years, then my moms friend got the pit. He said the pit had HA and DA because he was fed gun powder. That if a pit is fed GP then they turn vicious and thats how people get pits to dog fight.

Is there any correlation between GP and aggression?

To me, it doesn't make sense. I mean, if someone is feeding their dog GP, then I feel there is other mishandling going along and thats the reason the dog was HA and DA. But this person said the ONLY reason why his pit was aggressive was because of the GP.

Any thoughts or facts on this?

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:05 pm

Maybe from being aggressive from being so :po: sick all the time. But no, that is impossible.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Wive's tale. Ugh. Poor dogs.

RodentRanger
Super Bully

Postby RodentRanger » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:16 pm

The only reason I can think of a dog becoming HA or DA from gunpowder is because he is wretchedly sick all the damn time!
I also agree with you that the dog was likely also being mistreated in other ways as well, not just nutritionally.

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Yep. The gunpowder causes intense stomache and intestinal pain, causing the dog to be on edge, that, coupled with purposefully cruel and abusive handling can cause a dog to be mean.

However, once it is out of the system, if it was the only cause, it would stop.

The dog was probably badly mistreated, and possibly genetically predisposed.

Of course he says it's the only reason, NO ONE is going to admit to abusing their dog.

deedeesmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby deedeesmom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:06 am

Gatorpit wrote:Yep. The gunpowder causes intense stomache and intestinal pain, causing the dog to be on edge, that, coupled with purposefully cruel and abusive handling can cause a dog to be mean.

I wouldn't say It should stop once it was out of his system. I would imagine gun powder would tear the hell out of the linings in both his stomach and intestines... pain would last a long time after the gun powder is out of his system. This would cause severe pain that would definitly cuase the dog to be aggressive, it wouldn't want anyone near it for feeling so chocolate.... but I do agree that I highly doubt that gunpowder is the only evil thing that was done to that dog :( .

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:48 am

Thats what I figured. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any truth to the idea. I figured it would make serious illness within the dog n all, but wasn't sure if it just gave him firepower to be all aggressive - like had something to do with brain chemicals or something.

Thanks guys.

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:53 pm

deedeesmom wrote:
Gatorpit wrote:Yep. The gunpowder causes intense stomache and intestinal pain, causing the dog to be on edge, that, coupled with purposefully cruel and abusive handling can cause a dog to be mean.

I wouldn't say It should stop once it was out of his system. I would imagine gun powder would tear the hell out of the linings in both his stomach and intestines... pain would last a long time after the gun powder is out of his system. This would cause severe pain that would definitly cuase the dog to be aggressive, it wouldn't want anyone near it for feeling so chocolate.... but I do agree that I highly doubt that gunpowder is the only evil thing that was done to that dog :( .

Well, obviously I meant once they are over whatever illness the gunpowder caused, the dog would no longer be irratable and in pain. But frankly, I don't actually know if gunpowder ever does fully leave or heal up. I would think it would, but it may cause permanent stomach ulcers or something.

clownracer
Newborn Bully

Postby clownracer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:21 pm

BIGGIE Warning lyrics

"whatcha think all the guns is for?
all purpose war got the rottweilers by the door
and I feed em gun powder so they can devour
the criminals tryin to clock my decimals"

blame hime for perpetuating this stupid myth :)

im a huge big fan btw

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:47 am

clownracer wrote:BIGGIE Warning lyrics

"whatcha think all the guns is for?
all purpose war got the rottweilers by the door
and I feed em gun powder so they can devour
the criminals tryin to clock my decimals"

blame hime for perpetuating this stupid myth :)

im a huge big fan btw

lol. When will ppl learn not to take music lyrics so literally? lol

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 pm

People can be so stupid, ignorant, cruel and did I mention STUPID? :teardrops:

PitBoxer
Adolescent Bully

Postby PitBoxer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 am

I dont get it... you guys say the dog is only aggression when they are sick off the effects of the gun powder? I have no reason to believe that isnt true, but the point of feeding them gun powder is to make them aggressive right? So why would they stop feeding them the gun powder, if they want them aggressive? Hence, they are aggressive and will remain aggressive cause they keep eating gun powder.

If I was to answer your question I would say yes. I just think being mistreated ontop of that makes it worse.

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 am

See I think the powder started the aggression, but once the dog got into the mindset of aggression then there would be no turning back. That they could stop feeding the powder the dog would still be aggressive, which was the case, and why the dog was pts. There wasn't any rehab for him. At least thats what my moms friend told her, and this guy is a good guy - he's not scum or anything like that. His brother was the bad guy.

Return to “Health Issues”