crop help

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
rednose88

crop help

Postby rednose88 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:03 pm

my dog has his ears cropped and i have been taping them..they will stand good for a day or so then they will fall on top of his head again..i am getting frustrated because i have been taping for a while now..can anyone help me about taping?

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:43 pm

im not good at crop things... but could it be a botched job? how long have you been doing the taping?

rednose88

Postby rednose88 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:49 pm

3 weeks or so..they stand good for a while..but its like..his muscles get tired or holding them up or something i dont know..

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 pm

Call and ask the vet who did them

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:52 pm

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 pm

How old was he when he was cropped again? As they get older, the cartiledge becomes more 'set' and it becomes more difficult to alter ear stance cosmetically. I thought I read he was older then most vets recommend? If so, the post-operative care increases and the possibility is there that they may not stand quite right. I would continue with your vets suggestions (call him back!!) If he is a vet willing to crop outside the recommended optimal ages, he MUST have experience with this.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:05 am

Kingsgurl wrote:How old was he when he was cropped again? As they get older, the cartiledge becomes more 'set' and it becomes more difficult to alter ear stance cosmetically. I thought I read he was older then most vets recommend? If so, the post-operative care increases and the possibility is there that they may not stand quite right. I would continue with your vets suggestions (call him back!!) If he is a vet willing to crop outside the recommended optimal ages, he MUST have experience with this.

he said in another post his dog was 5 months old when he got cropped.(and wants to breed him when he is 'old enough' because his friends all want one like him) :sad:
as suggested, call the vet that did the crop

rednose88

Postby rednose88 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm

yeah pblove i did say i wanted to breed him..and alot of people brought the bad to my attention. so no need to bring it up here cuz that was uneccasary

GTiSTiLE
Newborn Bully

Postby GTiSTiLE » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 am

[/quote]
(and wants to breed him when he is 'old enough' because his friends all want one like him) :sad:
as suggested, call the vet that did the crop[/quote]

Completely irrelevent and off topic...

imperiumx1st

Postby imperiumx1st » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:41 pm

i thought the oldest a crop can be done was 3months? :huh?:

Return to “Health Issues”