testicle implants

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
tibby mama
Matured Bully

testicle implants

Postby tibby mama » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:22 pm

i feel kinda silly asking this, but here goes....

a friend of mine has a 8-9 year old apbt and the vet just recently informed him that his dog has a super enlarged prostate. the enlargement is causing him to bleed, not to mention lots of pain. the vet recommended that my friend either get the dog neutered or keep him on medication the rest of his life. i told him to go ahead and neuter him because long term medication can potentially harm an animal.

also, he said if he gets tyson neutered he wants to replace his testicles with neuticles (canine testicle implants). i think its horrible! fake balls for a dog...

what men will do to preserve their dogs manly hood...jeez

any thoughts on neutering vs. medication? how about the neuticles?

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:23 pm

That dog needs to be neutered ASAP!

I think it's pretty lame to put Neuticles in a dog, especially THAT old.

tibby mama
Matured Bully

Postby tibby mama » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 pm

thats exactly my thoughts. he could be spending $$ down the road with medication or just snip the darn things off!

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:29 pm

The Neuticles are kind of stupid in this situation, but if it'll make him get the dog fixed, then oh well.

tibby mama
Matured Bully

Postby tibby mama » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm

its unfortunate...its the man in him. he thinks tyson will go crazy without them or something. i say whack him and let him enjoy the years he has left!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:41 pm

KadillacGrrl wrote:That dog needs to be neutered ASAP!

I think it's pretty lame to put Neuticles in a dog, especially THAT old.

I agree

I think Neuticles are a ridiculous waste of money

tibby mama
Matured Bully

Postby tibby mama » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:04 pm

are there any stories about having a dog neutered that late in life?

Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:28 pm

I would be paranoid about what problems Neuticles would cause down the road.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Perhaps it is because I am a woman, but dog balls are just nasty! I shudder every time I see a picture of a dog that exposes its balls. It is really that important for this guy to show his dog is manly? Obviously, this dog is an extension of himself.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:26 pm

I dunno. I guess I'll be the voice of dissent. If a dog is neutered young, they tend to have a much smaller, uh, coin purse back there. If I were neutering an adult male, I'd probably consider the neuticles (if I had that much superfluous cash) just because the thought of an empty flapper swinging to and fro kinda... I dunno... weird.

KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:56 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:I dunno. I guess I'll be the voice of dissent. If a dog is neutered young, they tend to have a much smaller, uh, coin purse back there. If I were neutering an adult male, I'd probably consider the neuticles (if I had that much superfluous cash) just because the thought of an empty flapper swinging to and fro kinda... I dunno... weird.

I've always thought the vet should um... give the boy a little nip and tuck at the same time to avoid this!

Indi was just neutered at 4+ years and you can't tell he was neutered so late. No man purse to speak of. Lucky dog!

Pineapples
Super Bully

Postby Pineapples » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:I dunno. I guess I'll be the voice of dissent. If a dog is neutered young, they tend to have a much smaller, uh, coin purse back there. If I were neutering an adult male, I'd probably consider the neuticles (if I had that much superfluous cash) just because the thought of an empty flapper swinging to and fro kinda... I dunno... weird.

When Charlie was neutered (5 yrs old, Amstaff) the snipped off the scrotum too. Because it's just more esthetic. He had huge balls the vet saud. Like 30% bigger than what she usually sees.

luv my fur babies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby luv my fur babies » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

I can't even believe a person would consider "Neuticles!" I've never even heard of them until now...people need to stop humanizing their dogs!

My lab was neutered at 5 years old. His "boys" swelled up to watermelon size after the surgery. Once the swelling went down, he sort of shrivled up back there and had no loose hangy ball skin of the past. His just vanished over time.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:39 pm

Deniselynn wrote:Perhaps it is because I am a woman, but dog balls are just nasty! I shudder every time I see a picture of a dog that exposes its balls. It is really that important for this guy to show his dog is manly? Obviously, this dog is an extension of himself.

Maybe he's compensating for some personal "short-comings" of his own roflmao

luv my fur babies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby luv my fur babies » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:47 pm

jlphilli wrote:
Deniselynn wrote:Perhaps it is because I am a woman, but dog balls are just nasty! I shudder every time I see a picture of a dog that exposes its balls. It is really that important for this guy to show his dog is manly? Obviously, this dog is an extension of himself.

Maybe he's compensating for some personal "short-comings" of his own roflmao

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Return to “Health Issues”