metallic breath & feet licking

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

metallic breath & feet licking

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:28 pm

last night buddy kept licking all 4 of his feet and his breath had a metallic smell- not bad breath odor just kinda like metal. he didn't act sick & seems fine but what was that all about? is it something to be concerned about or just maybe a food reaction- although he didn't have anything unusual to eat. i wondered if the metal smell could have been from licking dirt off his feet. i have a huge fenced back yard & he always wants to stay outside in the evening for a couple of hours and his feet sometimes get pretty nasty. there must be a mouse or something living under the back deck because that is always where he comes from when i call him- at least he thinks there's something under there. maybe he ate it

amelie
Matured Bully

Postby amelie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm

our dogs get a kinda metal like breath if they have not drank enough water. licking feet for sure can be a sign of a food allergy, but it can also just be his feet were dirty and he was cleaning them. does he lick/chew at his feet a lot? does he get ear infections or stinky ear wax buildup? we have an allergy dog and those were the first signs.

Timas Mom
Matured Bully

Postby Timas Mom » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:55 am

Tima is a bum licker and her anals are very metallic smelling.
:mmm:

lol... Just a thought.

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:02 pm

no, he doesn't have ear problems and doesn't lick his butt (thank goodness because he is such a face licker!). i also didn't really see that much dirt on his feet either. he ate the same thing he always does, but he licked those feet for a long time-so that's why i thought he may have caught and eaten a mouse. that would be the only different thing if he actually did catch one. every evening he patrols under the deck like something's there. my resident chicken snake (lives in the basement-great mouser!) may be under there -buddy very rarely ever barks so it's hard to tell. he didn't lick nearly as much last nite- could be just grooming, he certainly doesn't act sick so must not be a dangerous thing. guess i worry too much.

bamawrly
Super Bully

Postby bamawrly » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:42 pm

Blood smells metallic in the mouth, kinda coppery.

<<<<works as a dental surgical assistant

Return to “Health Issues”