Yay!!! Blue gets his nuts chopped off monday!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:47 am

$190 for a neuter is high... Linariel you are really gettin' robbed LOL.

I use a (fairly) local SPCA spay and neuter clinic. All dogs $100 if you have a pit bull or mostly pit mix it's free if you live in that county.

AriesGodofWar
Super Bully

Postby AriesGodofWar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:32 pm

rednoseErnie wrote:
Kingsgurl wrote:Low cost clinics are hugely subsidized. SOMEONE pays for it, it's just not you, the owner. Vets will often donate their time, and somehow funds are raised to pay for the other things, like the anesthesia etc.

I was just going to say this. The costs were there, but subsidized. I had two pit/pit mixes done for free because our city paid the cost.

Either subsidized by the city, county, or private individuals, the point is, they are out there if you look for them. The folks would not subsidize these programs if they did not want you to use them. Once a year, here in St. Louis, a program called OpSpot does free speuter for low income residents, and $10 for everyone else. Sure it is subsidized, but there is no medal for footing the bill all yourself and the funds you save you can use to keep the lights on, your dog fed etc.

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:22 pm

AriesGodofWar wrote:
rednoseErnie wrote:
Kingsgurl wrote:Low cost clinics are hugely subsidized. SOMEONE pays for it, it's just not you, the owner. Vets will often donate their time, and somehow funds are raised to pay for the other things, like the anesthesia etc.

I was just going to say this. The costs were there, but subsidized. I had two pit/pit mixes done for free because our city paid the cost.

Either subsidized by the city, county, or private individuals, the point is, they are out there if you look for them. The folks would not subsidize these programs if they did not want you to use them. Once a year, here in St. Louis, a program called OpSpot does free speuter for low income residents, and $10 for everyone else. Sure it is subsidized, but there is no medal for footing the bill all yourself and the funds you save you can use to keep the lights on, your dog fed etc.

As I noted in the post that you quoted, I had 2 free spay/neuters myself. So I am definitely not suggesting that people not use those resources.

fattie
Adolescent Bully

Postby fattie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:46 pm

i had sent out a paper where i only had to pay 20 dollars but its been a few months with no word back. hes six months old now and i dont feel like waiting anymore. so tommorro no more balls for blue. i know its expensive but oh well. whats another 200 on top of the 1000+ ive already spent lol. i guess i can look online tonight for low cost spaying in my area if not then hes going in the morning.

anyone know why they have to keep him overnight ? its gunna make me sad not having him for a night :frown:

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:06 pm

fattie wrote:i had sent out a paper where i only had to pay 20 dollars but its been a few months with no word back. hes six months old now and i dont feel like waiting anymore. so tommorro no more balls for blue. i know its expensive but oh well. whats another 200 on top of the 1000+ ive already spent lol. i guess i can look online tonight for low cost spaying in my area if not then hes going in the morning.

anyone know why they have to keep him overnight ? its gunna make me sad not having him for a night :frown:

That is strange...I've never heard of a dog needing to stay the night for a routine neuter....

fattie
Adolescent Bully

Postby fattie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:35 pm

jlphilli wrote:
fattie wrote:i had sent out a paper where i only had to pay 20 dollars but its been a few months with no word back. hes six months old now and i dont feel like waiting anymore. so tommorro no more balls for blue. i know its expensive but oh well. whats another 200 on top of the 1000+ ive already spent lol. i guess i can look online tonight for low cost spaying in my area if not then hes going in the morning.

That is strange...I've never heard of a dog needing to stay the night for a routine neuter....

me either :huh?:

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:20 pm

My vet keeps them over night, but there is a tech there at all times. They have an overnight number you can call, and speak to the tech about how your pet is doing. And the vet is always on call over night for the clinic.

There are other places that do it cheaper, but this is the best vet I have found.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Linariel wrote:My vet keeps them over night, but there is a tech there at all times. They have an overnight number you can call, and speak to the tech about how your pet is doing. And the vet is always on call over night for the clinic.

There are other places that do it cheaper, but this is the best vet I have found.

I wouldn't leave my dog overnight unless (like above) there is a tech there 24/7.

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:29 pm

this thread grossed me out good luck and i hope i never have to go through this

i posted this in the wrong thread there was another one about blues butt smelling fishy how did i put it in this one lol sorry thats wonderful hes going to get fixed :oops:

fattie
Adolescent Bully

Postby fattie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 am

dropped blue off this morning. they gave him a sedative and he couldnt even move. i had to carry him in , i felt so sad. but there is whats included in the 187.56 price.

intravenous anesthesia - 45.99
castration - 46.36
isoflurane charge - 15.20
penicilin g -14.43
overnight board-19.58
day exam-30.85
bicillin-14.43

im gunna call around 2-3 to see how hes doing, i really miss him already

Return to “Health Issues”