OH NO! Coco May Be Preggers....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Darkest Ecstasy

OH NO! Coco May Be Preggers....

Postby Darkest Ecstasy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Alright, I've noticed Coco getting a little pudgier lately...We keep her on a good, regular diet and make sure she gets tons of excercise...
But her teats (Is that what you call them??) are getting...hangy...ish. Lol. Don't you just love my vocabulary?
Anywho, the two rows of teats are kind of...seperating? Like each row is getting their own...row?? Oh, my. I cannot explain things...
Kay, so her normal flat belly with all the teats together...Ahh...
The two rows hang down now. <-- There. That's all I was trying to say. :oops:

So, yeah. What can I do? How do I tell she's pregnant?

BTW: The only time she could have got with another dog was when we were dogsitting a pure bred male pittie. Uncut, of course. But we kept them seperated. Except this one time my little sister let them run around the house....she didn't know tho any better tho...

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Take her to the vet and have her checked, if she is - then it would be better to get her a spay/abort

Is there a reason for her not already being spayed?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 pm

x2 spay/abort
The vet will do it for you.

love for ba brody
Bully Ambassador

Postby love for ba brody » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 am

KeelazMom wrote:Take her to the vet and have her checked, if she is - then it would be better to get her a spay/abort

x3

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 am

They can tell if she was pregnant when they do her spay. Get her in as fast as you can, before you end up needing to find homes for 14 puppies, and putting another nail in the coffin of the breed :thumbsup:

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 am

I would take her to a vet. If she is preggo, Then I reccomend a spay/abbort. It sounds harsh, But its what best for your dog and the breed.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 am

I agree with all of the above. Why did you not have her spayed in the first place? Just curious...

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Take her to the vet asap.

SPAY! SPAY! SPAY!

AriesGodofWar
Super Bully

Postby AriesGodofWar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:44 pm

If I had a dollar for how many of these threads come through here..... :frown: Please people, for the love of everything scared, spay and neuter your dogs unless you have a super awesome reason to do otherwise!

To OP, just wondering why you felt it was necessary to mention the fact that the male a was "pure bred" APBT. Not to be cynical, but there are many that come through here that seem to have the same "accident" to occur.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 pm

AriesGodofWar--I thought the same thing when I read "pure" pit. Hopefully you do spay/abort. Seems like a whole lot of oops litters here lately.

Julie

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:16 pm

AriesGodofWar wrote:If I had a dollar for how many of these threads come through here..... :frown: Please people, for the love of everything scared, spay and neuter your dogs unless you have a super awesome reason to do otherwise!

To OP, just wondering why you felt it was necessary to mention the fact that the male a was "pure bred" APBT. Not to be cynical, but there are many that come through here that seem to have the same "accident" to occur.

I agree....it seems that the mention of a "purebred male APBT" is as if they are trying to justify that it would be "OK" to let their dog have the puppies. :sad:

luv my fur babies
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby luv my fur babies » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:20 pm

love for ba brody wrote:
KeelazMom wrote:Take her to the vet and have her checked, if she is - then it would be better to get her a spay/abort

x3

x4...come on! 4

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm

luv my fur babies wrote:
love for ba brody wrote:

x3

x4...come on! 4

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:49 pm

didnt you also ask how old a female had to be to have a helthy litter??

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:49 pm

jlphilli wrote:
AriesGodofWar wrote:If I had a dollar for how many of these threads come through here..... :frown: Please people, for the love of everything scared, spay and neuter your dogs unless you have a super awesome reason to do otherwise!

I agree....it seems that the mention of a "purebred male APBT" is as if they are trying to justify that it would be "OK" to let their dog have the puppies. :sad:

My thoughts exactly.

Return to “Health Issues”