Ben ate my perscription.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
fattie
Adolescent Bully

Ben ate my perscription.

Postby fattie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 am

well my moms dogs ben ( a great dane/gsd/lab mix ) somehow got my bottle of medicine( adderal ) and chomped the bottle and ate about 10 of them. so i rushed him to the vet , they gave him some more drugs and kept him for the day. when i picked him up , he was so drugged up he couldnt even walk.

i felt pretty bad , and it cost me 130 bucks. hes all better now, but it was kinda scary cuz he was drooling and whining the whole way in the car. i know a grown adult would be flying off 10 of them i couldnt imagine how he felt. i guess i need to keep my meds out of reach of the dogs , i dont want this to happen again. have any of you had this expirence with your dogs and perscription meds ?

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:28 am

It's never happened here, as we keep the meds where the dogs can't get them. Good job getting him to the vet right away, though. Poor guy.

dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby dawnapbt » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:27 am

I'm glad he's okay. Yes, I always keep medication in a cabinet away from the dog's reach.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:20 pm

That's scary, I'm glad he's ok!

It's never happened to me, but sometimes I wish the dogs would get into the Xanax.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:39 pm

Our meds are in the kitchen on the counter and the dogs never find it.
However, my 15y. old boy, who has a disability, sometimes drops his anti-seizure drug and it scares me to death, but I've found the ones he's dropped.

fattie
Adolescent Bully

Postby fattie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Linariel wrote:That's scary, I'm glad he's ok!

It's never happened to me, but sometimes I wish the dogs would get into the Xanax.

l o l , that would calm them down.

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:05 am

A friend of mine once had her great dane eat a whole brand new bottle of her husband's hydrocodone... yikes! Luckily she works at a vet's office...

sw_df27
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sw_df27 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:32 am

We were at a party once and someone dropped a xanax and their pup ate it but nobody knew it at the time till the person that had dropped it realized they were missing one and the pup was stumbling around and could barely walk it lived but it was very scary I was only 16 with no DL so i couldn't take it to the vet so I set with it all night and kept it awake and moving

jessandace
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jessandace » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:00 pm

hasn't happened to me...

my friend's boxer kept eating her BC but he didn't see any ill effects (just moody, bloated, etc)

lol

Latinimagexx
Newborn Bully

Postby Latinimagexx » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:19 pm

When people call my work and there dog eats something that they are not suppose to I just tell them to give your dog a teaspoon of Peroxide and if doesn't vomit in the next 5 minutes than give it another teaspoon. I only tell clients to do these only if they are not close by otherwise I would tell them to come by. Hope this helped you all out

Return to “Health Issues”