Copious amounts of poop

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Copious amounts of poop

Postby Jazzy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:46 pm

I am half way through transitioning Veronica from Hill's Prescription z/d wet & dry to Canidae. She is now eating Canidae dry with a little Hills's wet. When I finish my last 6 cans of Hill's wet, I'll switch to Canidae wet.

Canidae was on the list of "approved foods" from her allergy testing, so it should be OK in that regard.

She still absolutely loves her food, so that's a plus.

Her poops are still nice and firm, so that is a definite plus.

But...she seems to be pooping more often (3 times/day instead of 2 or sometimes 1) and she seems to poop more

Is this just "one of those things" ? I read somewhere something about amount of poop and food, but I can't find it.

I'm just curious.

Linariel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Linariel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:48 pm

That always happens to my dogs on a new food. It takes them awhile to get used to digesting it.

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:03 pm

i have always heard if their poops are minal then its a btter food , but it may be shes not adjusted yet so i would give it more time b4 you make any other changes

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:04 pm

yes. but sometimes the poop amount will increase even after the dogs are on it for a while. i had mine on TW for 2 years, and their poops were ALWAYS large and always 5 times a day the entire time on TW... then again my dogs are freaks.

Timas Mom
Matured Bully

Postby Timas Mom » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:38 pm

Increased poop is also a sign of intolerance. If it were to continue for more than a week or two or got worse I would say she is not tolerating the food very well.

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:15 am

have always heard if their poops are minal then its a btter food

Increased poop is also a sign of intolerance

That sounds like what I have heard. I guess I am questioning if it is always accurate.

Merrick = wet, soft poop in triads (you know...poop....waddle, waddle...pooop...waddle, waddle...pooop) with each poop getting softer and yuckier. Also she didn't seem to like it because she ate it over the course of the entire night.

Wellness = same as above but not always quite so bad.

Hill's Prescription = our first experience of what a beautiful poop can be and gone in 60 seconds :thumbsup: But the ingrediants :frown: .

Canidae = Beautiful poop but a bit more of it so far + also gone in 60 seconds :thumbsup: .

So far it is looking like the lesser of all evils :dunno:

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:01 am

well i believe it should be firm if the body is tolerating it. i would say leave her on it for a bit longer .

Is it possible your feeding her too much? maybe she doesnt need that much for her body

Jazzy

Postby Jazzy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:40 am

Is it possible your feeding her too much?

yes. :oops:

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 am

are you feeding her what the bag says? i would cut back on some food , as you can see if its too much food you are just throwing money away , if her poo is solid i would cut back a bit see if that lessen the amount or the amount of times she has to go .

sierra only goes poo once a day the 15 week old pups go twice a day

Return to “Health Issues”