What do you all think of this food?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
think_07
Newborn Bully

What do you all think of this food?

Postby think_07 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi guys,
This is the food I am currently feeding my puppy. It is call GO! Natural Dog by Percurean. It is made in Alberta Canada (I live in Alberta) so alot of you probably won't be familiar with it.
I am feeding her the - Grain Free Chicken,Turkey and Duck.

Here is the stats and ingredients, and general feeding guidlines:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein (min) 42%
Crude Fat (min) 20%
Crude Fiber (max) 2.5%
Moisture (max) 10%
Calcium (min) 1.8%
Phosphorus (min) 1.2%
*Omega 6 Fatty Acids (min) 3%
*Omega 6 Fatty Acids (min) 0.5%

INGREDIENTS:

Chicken Meal, Chicken, Turkey, Turkey Meal, Potato, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols (vit. E), Herring Meal, Potatoes, Peas, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavour, Salmon, Duck, Salmon Meal, Duck Meal, Salmon Oil, Whole Dried Egg, Flax Seed Oil, Brewer’s Yeast, Pea Fibre, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Mannanoligosaccharides, Pumpkin, Apples, Carrots, Bananas, Blueberries, Cranberries, Lentil Beans, Broccoli, Spinach, Cottage Cheese, Alfalfa Sprouts, Protease, Lipase, Garlic, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Enterococcus Faecium, Bifido-bacterium Thermophilum, Vitamins (vit. E, vit. C, niacin, inositol, vit. A, thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vit. K, beta-carotene, vit. D3, folic acid, biotin, vit. B12), Minerals (zinc proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), Ascorbyl-polyphosphate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Rosemary.

GENERAL FEEDING GUIDELINES

Weight Lbs 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 90 100 120 140
Less Active
Cups/day .5 .75 1.25 1.5 1.75 2.0 2.25 2.75 3.0 3.5 3.75
Active
Cups/day .6 1.15 1.5 1.75 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.25 3.5 4.25 4.50
Puppy
Cups/day .65 1.25 1.75 2.25 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5

What do you guys think of this food? She seems to like it alot, and is growing nicely with it. I think I am overfeeding her though. She is almost 5 months old, almost 40 pounds, but does have abit of fat. I feed her twice a day, and let her eat until she has had enough. I know it is more than the recommended 2.25 cups for a 40 pound puppy. I would like to get her fat content down, but I don't know how much I should be feeding her, and wouldn't want to stunt her growth, or negatively effect her in any way. I walk her 3 times a day, 3 good long walks, and we do lots of playing, tug of war, etc. so she is active, and she chases the cat around alot whenenever the cat is in the mood haha so I know she is very active, so that leads me to believe I am overfeeding her. I've read up on the forum alot about puppy fat content and feeding and everywhere seems to say a lean puppy is a healthy puppy. Just a question though, how do the dogs gain the nice big muscles they have, and still be so lean, being able to see their ribs. I'm concerned that if I lean her out she won't have anything to build muscle off of, and be unhealthy? Thanks alot for the help with my newb questions. Have a great weekend everyone!

think_07
Newborn Bully

Postby think_07 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Sorry forgot to add.. this is the homepage for the dog food she is on. They have different foods you guys can check out.

http://www.petcurean.com/

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Re:

Postby InBearsMemory » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Go Natural is a great food. Both my Husky and my Bully are doing excellent on it (we used both the Salmon and the Chicken formula). You might want to check out Petcureans NOW which is a completely grain free food and their newest product, now that stuff is fantastic! We are currently using the Turkey with Duck and the dogs love it.

6pak
Bully Ambassador

Postby 6pak » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 am

I think 42% protein is too high for a puppy.

makedonce78
Newborn Bully

Postby makedonce78 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:08 am

awesome ingredients, but the calcium is killing it for me. Too much for a puppy

Return to “Health Issues”