Puppy with hives :o(

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Puppy with hives :o(

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:44 pm

My puppy is covered in hives. When I got home from work, he had at least 20 dime sized spots and 2 spots the size of a quarter. He is acting fine otherwise.

I tried to get pictures but it is very difficult to get the hives to show up in the photo.

He is 7 months old... can this be a reaction to his Canidae, I have read alot of dogs cannot tolerate the sunflower oil? Laundry detergent? I also just started a new bag of treats, I alternate between 2 flavors and I just noticed this flavor has onion and the other flavor did not.

I gave him some benadryl per the vet and we have an appointment but not until after Christmas. The hives have decreased but the 2 big ones are still quite large.

pavlov
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby pavlov » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 pm

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... ashs+bumpy

Check this thread out. A lot of info on detergent, sleep surface, etc. Let us know how everything is going.

2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:09 am

thanks for the link... it remided me there is something else i completely missed... we just bought a new dog bed from costco.

he now has small hives left over, the benadryl did not completely make them disappear although it did give me a night of peace and quiet.

Wesley
Adolescent Bully

Postby Wesley » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:09 am

My pup had hives as well and I figured out that they were from the treats that I switched her to. Just keep him on the Benedryl and he will be alright. Until then, try to eliminate different factors that caused them.

Return to “Health Issues”