Quick Question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
SmokeyBuds
Newborn Bully

Quick Question

Postby SmokeyBuds » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:50 pm

ok i don't think its anything major but my puppy Marley has this red rash thing on his "armpits" and in the inner part of the of one of his hind legs...i was just curious to see if anyone one else's dog has had this before. i took him to the vet and she put him on some antibiotics to help with the "rash". i know pitbulls sometimes have issues with their skin and i was just curious if this thing is going to pass or if its going to be a a reoccurring issue with him.

pitbullcrazy30
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitbullcrazy30 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:39 pm

its really hard to say, ive had alot of diffrent rashes on my dogs over the years, and they all went away on thier own, mabey your dog is allergic to something, or it could be a simple irritation, just keep an eye on it to make sure it dont get worse,

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Its pretty common for puppies to get skin infections in those areas. The triple antibiotic should help, but keep an eye on it.

BlueLemonade
Adolescent Bully

Postby BlueLemonade » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:33 pm

abbie had the rash when she was little just like you're describing but it never went away-or so i thought...

for some reason, she still scratches on the dog door-if the antibiotics don't help, watch and see if it could just be something a little more simple, but they should do the trick.

SmokeyBuds
Newborn Bully

Postby SmokeyBuds » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:36 am

thanks a lot the rash seems to be going away with the anitbiotics for now lets hope it stays that way.

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:06 am

my girl use to get a rash like you described, from just eliminating things found out it was anything with wheat that caused it, so it could be a food alergy... :huh?:

SmokeyBuds
Newborn Bully

Postby SmokeyBuds » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:23 am

really a food allergy thats weird i don't give my puppy any type of human food what so ever and i doubt i ever will. only thing now i do is give him a piece of cheese so he will actually take his antiboitic because i don't do it that way he'll never take it. i guess i might have to look deeper into the ingredients of his chow.

Return to “Health Issues”