has the peroxide trick worked for you?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Sean W.
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Sean W. » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:23 pm

it's always worked for me. I give them generally about 4 tablespoons at a time and hold their mouth closed until i see a reaction and generally the action happens a few seconds later. I've done it three times. :dunno:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Never worked for me. A couple Tbsp of table salt and everything comes right up. Probably not the healthiest, but they throw it all up and it works within a couple min.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:18 am

I have only used once, when Ice got a hold of a some pizza dough I had set in another room to raise.I gave her two tablespoons and within 15 minutes she puked everything up.How long after he ingested the stuffy skin did you give it to him?How much of the toy did he ingest?Was it a large piece?

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:35 am

i'm not entirely sure how big the piece is . . . maybe about 2 to 3 inches wide by 4 inches long? i didn't actually see him swallow it, so there is a chance he flung it somewhere and i just can't find it. he started ripping it up, and i went to take it away from him and i found most of it, but i immediately noticed a piece was missing from the skin. thought maybe swallowed it to "hide" it from me. wouldn't be the first time he tried to swallow something before i could snatch it back or get him to out his treasure.

he's not having any problems eating/drinking and he's not puking or having problems pooping. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this thing is

picara
Bully Ambassador

Postby picara » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:45 am

Hazel barfs with a few tablespoons but Horace seems to have developed an immunity. (I had an incident just the other day.)

I hope you've spotted the stuffy-remnants by now!

Pretty Pittie Paws
Newborn Bully

Postby Pretty Pittie Paws » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:07 pm

I have used it with both of my dogs and it did not work at all with one the other nothing but when he got the hik-ups the next morning he threw up.(it was in his stomach for 14 hours before that happend) Best of luck

ryan
Newborn Bully

Postby ryan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:56 pm

holy hell did this work for me this morning! my boy cooper ate 3 eggs from a stuffy toy (the eggs went in the belly of the toy, and they try to get them out). The eggs are pretty big as well, fur covered plastic with squeakers in them.

well me and my were eating breakfast when the squeaking stopped. We turned around and all three eggs were gone! we searched the whole room, behind furniture...everywhere. I jumped online immediately and saw this little home remedy....got out the tools, turkey baster and peroxide, and went to work!

cooper didn't like this at all, after the first dose and within 1 minute 1 ball came out, along with all kinds of other pleasant smelling food, and stomach juices :) We did this 2 more times over the course of 45 minutes and every single ball came out! we couldn't believe it!!!

I can't even imagine how much that could have cost us at the vet, poor little guy. we have definitely learned our small toy lesson.

sw_df27
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sw_df27 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:23 pm

I used it on my dogs once cause they ate a whole thing of rat poisen and within 15 min they were pucking up green stuff worked like a charm!!!!!

picara
Bully Ambassador

Postby picara » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:08 pm

ryan wrote:holy hell did this work for me this morning! my boy cooper ate 3 eggs from a stuffy toy (the eggs went in the belly of the toy, and they try to get them out). The eggs are pretty big as well, fur covered plastic with squeakers in them.

well me and my were eating breakfast when the squeaking stopped. We turned around and all three eggs were gone! we searched the whole room, behind furniture...everywhere. I jumped online immediately and saw this little home remedy....got out the tools, turkey baster and peroxide, and went to work!

cooper didn't like this at all, after the first dose and within 1 minute 1 ball came out, along with all kinds of other pleasant smelling food, and stomach juices :) We did this 2 more times over the course of 45 minutes and every single ball came out! we couldn't believe it!!!

I can't even imagine how much that could have cost us at the vet, poor little guy. we have definitely learned our small toy lesson.

In Pittsburgh, $187.00.

leopardjunkie
Adolescent Bully

Postby leopardjunkie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:41 pm

I mix it in with Cottage Cheese and then after I give it to them..we go out side and run um hard on the flirtpole or sitck etc.

I have found that the excerise stirs up the stomach and speeds up the process....So far I have recoverd feet from stuffies...A few tails from stuffies, a few socks and a diaper

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:39 am

well, we got the stuffy piece back. he didn't puke it, he pooped it. but now i can rest easy.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:56 am

good!
Sarah's dog Buster has pooped out a spatula and rubber kitchen glove so far ,successfully (along with many other little fuzzies) :headbang:

skada21
Adolescent Bully

Postby skada21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:43 am

YES!

I was sitting at my computer, reading this thread, and then I went upstairs because my roommate said he heard snoring through the floor and didn't know if it was my J or the dog. I noticed that my sweet J had left the box of chocolate covered caramel pecan clusters out and it had been emptied. So, outside we go, and both dogs get a dose. Sheepdog looks at me evilly and bares his teeth (he does this when something tastes bad) and runs away. Conan, ever the love, just comes and leans against me for a few minutes, then begins heaving like crazy.

Up comes a lovely brown pool of pecans. WOW! That was great. Sheepy didn't chuck, but I didn't really expect him to, and I'm sure Conan ate the chocolates himself.

BTW, it was the dog who was snoring!

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Hooray for poop with stuffies! lol

Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:12 am

Dont forget stockings, a plastic bag, and yesterday a whole banana...

But the peroxide has worked for me before, as long as I can catch his naughtiness in time. I generally give him 2 tbs, and if in 1o minutes he doesnt start heaving, I give him 2 or 3 tbs more. It usually works. There is a fine line though, I dont know if I would call it an "overdose" exactly, but watching a dog heave for more than 10 minutes is quite disturbing. I almost ran him to the vet I felt so scared. So, I usually stop after 5 tbs and hopefully nature takes its course (as Pblove pointed out) and I get lucky with no intestinal blockages.

Return to “Health Issues”