Need Something To Fatten Up My Puppy

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:18 am

BIGBOI wrote:Got Rocko(puppy) some Canidae and he isn't eating at all now. Completely stopped.

he'll eat when he's hungry enough, don't worry.

it also helps if you slowly mix in the food with the old food (it help to not upset their digestion).

Gracie was the same way, she wouldn't eat her merrick after we switched from natural balance. she eats it, now, though.

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 am

Yea, APBTs are totally NOT a large breed and thus, do not need a large breed food.

BIGBOI
Newborn Bully

Postby BIGBOI » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:03 am

When my parents made me eat corn when I hated it I don't think I would have been eatin a whole lot of corn to get the proper nutrition. I would eat just enough to make them happy.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:19 am

I think if you're having problems getting your dog to eat what you're offering, you need to get into some more NILIF training. If my dogs refuse to eat what I'm giving them, they don't eat. Period.
I no longer have picky dogs.

BIGBOI
Newborn Bully

Postby BIGBOI » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:37 pm

You guys are def right. I left him alone today in his crate with some of the Canidae and he ate the whole damn bowl. What a punk.

Wooderson
Super Bully
Location: Kiev, Ukraine, around the corner from the Republic Stadium, near the downtown MegaMart

Postby Wooderson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:24 am

BIGBOI wrote:When my parents made me eat corn when I hated it I don't think I would have been eatin a whole lot of corn to get the proper nutrition. I would eat just enough to make them happy.

Dogs don't think like that. What you do is as follows:

Prepare a bowl of food at feeding time. Give it to the dog.

If the dog does not eat right away or only eats a little, take the food away. Do not give it anything to eat until the next regular feeding time.

When that time comes, give the dog the a full meal of the same food. If the dog does not chow down, take the food away again. Repeat as necessary.

Your dog will not starve this way. Rather, it will figure out PDQ that it had better eat what food it is given, when that food is given, or it will go hungry.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:38 am

Wooderson wrote: Dogs don't think like that. What you do is as follows:

If the dog does not eat right away or only eats a little, take the food away. Do not give it anything to eat until the next regular feeding time.

When that time comes, give the dog the a full meal of the same food. If the dog does not chow down, take the food away again. Repeat as necessary.

Your dog will not starve this way. Rather, it will figure out PDQ that it had better eat what food it is given, when that food is given, or it will go hungry.

:thumbsup:

BIGBOI
Newborn Bully

Postby BIGBOI » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

Thanks for the tip. I hope that works. If anyone is interested I have a full 33lb bag of the Chicken Canidae that I am not going to use. I've used maybe like 2-3 cups out of it. Any offers?

BIGBOI
Newborn Bully

Postby BIGBOI » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Wooderson wrote:
BIGBOI wrote:When my parents made me eat corn when I hated it I don't think I would have been eatin a whole lot of corn to get the proper nutrition. I would eat just enough to make them happy.

Dogs don't think like that. What you do is as follows:

Thank you so much. That method really worked for him. I guess I was babying him too much and my girl babies him even worse than me. Thanks agian:)

Return to “Health Issues”