How may times a day does your dog "go"?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:44 am

Falon goes twice a day, religiously. Wolfie goes twice most days; once a day on some occasions.

drtrider2000
Matured Bully

Postby drtrider2000 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:13 am

concreterose wrote:she looks like she is at a great size. you may want to consider adding a digestive enyzme to her food if she is pooping a lot and you are not overfeeding her...it will help her body to absorb more nutrients from her food , which will result in less poop. She sure is beautiful!

Thank you after seeing your dogs that means alot to me..."digestive enzyme"?...like yogurt?

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:53 am

I gave them a human digestive enzyme in tablet form.
NOW makes a great digestive enzyme that's inexpensive.
You want to make sure that whatever brand you use has pancreatin, betain, and ox bile as they break down animal proteins. Make sure you read the label, because many digestive enzymes are formulated for vegetarians and will not do your dog any good.

I only had to give it to Sol for about a month or two after I got him after his digestive tract adjusted to the change in the diet from coming here.
Vicki took one for about a year because of her poor immune system and she had leaky gut syndrome. Neither one of them has to take one now.

IlovemyMONGO
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby IlovemyMONGO » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:35 am

Mongo eats 1 1/2 cups(he isn't a big eater) of nutro a day and poops once a day.

Sabrina my shihtzu eats 3/4 cup a day of nutro and poops once a day. Now, when she sneaks and eats the cat food she poops about 10 times a day! LOL!

hwillm1977
Addicted to PBF

Postby hwillm1977 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:48 am

Marley goes twice a day every day, Carrie goes once a day unless she has eaten something she's not supposed to (like cat food, or kitty litter treats), then she can go two or three times in a day.

Both of them usually go about 20-40 minutes after the meals. (Carrie usually only in the AM)

yamaha4eva
Newborn Bully

Postby yamaha4eva » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:04 am

My pup is 8 weeks and has been going 4 to 7 times a day sometimes lately , after I have started giving her fish oil for her coat. Im guessing this is probably the problem, maybe I am giving her to much?

Annika
Addicted to PBF

Re: How may times a day does your dog "go"?

Postby Annika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 am

drtrider2000 wrote:Bella gets between 2 1/2-3 cups of Canidae All Life Stages daily...she has taken a dump 4 times today between 7am and 4:30 PM. The "movements" are firm, and average volume. Is it possible i'm over feeding her, even though she doesn't appear heavy? heres the best pic i could find to show she doesn't appear heavy (at least to me)

Piper pooped 3 times a day on Timberwolf. She poops 2 times as day on Blue. Medium sized poops of good texture. Her Timberwolf poops were blacker, her Blue poops are browner. We feed her 2.5 cups a day, and a small bite-size cookie here and there. Sometimes cheese pieces and celery pieces as training treats.

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:51 am

Ruby pooped 3-4 times a day on Canidae. Since I added raw dinners, it's 2-3 times a day and that always includes a poop right after I pick up the yard!!! (grrrr). Local feed store doesn't stock Merrick dry - but I'm thinking about ordering one bag to check it out tho I've been happy with Canidae (but not happy with people's discussions of dogs pooping more on it...)

Ruffian
Newborn Bully

Postby Ruffian » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Intake - About 1 1/2 lbs of raw, including treats plus kefir. Output - once a day (about 1/2-3/4 cup pf poop - estimated by the way, not actually measured). Sometimes, she will go twice but that is usually after long play/walks/bike rides.

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Ernie gets 2- 2 1/2 cups Canidae a day. He poops twice a day. Maybe a third time in the evening if I let him out again, but not always. If there is a third, its small.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:13 pm

We feed Molly 2 2/3 cups of Canidae (over two feedings) mixed with a tablespoon of Merrick canned food. She poops 3 times a day, sometimes four. Texture is usually medium firm but sometimes kind of soft.

We haven't tried feeding anything else yet because it seems like she's doing well on it but I have read that it's good to switch your dog's diet now and then because it's beneficial for their digestive systems and can also help curb pickiness.

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 pm

twice on canidae,Carmella is 2 years old, 55lbs, and free feeds, figured twice is normal as all the dogs i have ever had twice was the norm... :po:

amyd
Bully Ambassador

Postby amyd » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Dena- 2 times per day
Porter- 2 times per day, unless our walk is extra long, then he manages to squeeze a 3rd one out.

AmstaffMommy
Bully Ambassador

Postby AmstaffMommy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:21 pm

We switched from Merrick to Canidae a few months ago and have been happy with the firmness of his poop. We also give a Probiotic (acidopholus sp?) twice a day with his meal.

Rocky poops three times a day (two big ones, first thing in the morning, and then around 6pm) and one little one before bed (around midnight).

But I have noticed something else since we switched to Canidae, his poop STINKS!!! It is like nothing I have ever smelled before, it is RANK, I cant even describe it, but if he goes 15 feet away the smell still slaps you in the face.

BUT his poop is so much healthier and more regular on Canidae (on Merrick he was getting the runs every month or so).

Return to “Health Issues”