NEED HELP QUICK

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
UrsusArctos
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:40 am

BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..

I offered a very basic solution- let the man keep his dogs balls, and spay the female- you can even get it done for free. Whats wrong with that?

I'm sorry, but selling puppies at 5 weeks old has nothing to do with "believing the same way" as others. It is about health and the well being of all the dogs involved, and its about obeying the LAW.

You come off as a pushover because against all reason- your boyfriend wont 'let' you do anything about your dogs humping like crazy (aka fixing one of them).

Can you at least wait to sell the puppies at the LEGAL age of 8 weeks?

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Ok guys, so why don't you tell her WHY she should wait until the pups are eight weeks? That's how you educate, not by bitching and moaning and starting drama.

Of course she doesn't want to spay and nueter. Of course she doesn't care if her dog has more pups, in fact probably wants her to, so that they can sell them. This is 100% normal.

Until someone is shown why what they are doing is wrong, and perhaps givin the ideals they can aspire to in order to become a good breeder, then they know no better, and can't be blamed for their decisions.

Be kind, don't be too harsh, and slowly, gently, educate.

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:28 pm

mydogroxy wrote:Read her posts Krista, she doesn't want the dogs altered and she doesn't care if they produce more unwanted dogs.

OP, have you ever seen a dog being euthanized before? A dog dying for no good reason other than there isn't a home for him? Do you really not care that by producing puppies that you are personally contributing to the death of other dogs? I can't believe that a person, especially someone who's rescued a dog, could be so callous.

Just curious, why are you so against spay/neuter?

maybe she doesnt want to but if she just wanted to spit out litters do you think she would be here asking how to keep them apart?

and she has up on hermyspace says 5 week old pup 4 sale , that doesnt mean she is going to let them go to the new homes it COULD mean she is trying now to find home .

when sierra's pups were 5 weeks i was trying to find homes for them although i didnt let them leave until 8 weeks.

all im saying is we miss oppurtunitys educating people when we let our emotions type our response .

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:31 pm

That is why I bite my tongue and don't say anything. This is best left for the cooler heads.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Deniselynn wrote:That is why I bite my tongue and don't say anything. This is best left for the cooler heads.

Same here...

BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 pm

I called the vet and the humane society and they both told me that it was ok for them to go at 6- 6.5 weeks old....I wasnt getting rid of them at 4 and 5 weeks..but thanks for the accusations aon things you have no idea about ( for those of you that did)
I do NOT want saidy and monoxide mating...That is why im am here...(or didnt more of you catch that part)
I simply want to know OTHER ways to get him to quit humping other than neutering...because i dont want to BECAUSE ever since i was a little girl and MY dad owned pitbulls i was told that it "ruins the dog"
I know that is absurd...but i do...I want a SIMPLE medium on how to get him to quit because of the fact that i dont want them breeding ....
And for your information He does not go in the whelping area...i let her our every so often during the day so we can spend some time with her...and thats where the problem comes in..
For those who have been somewhat decent..Thanks.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:06 pm

I am not asking to me mean, but can you explain how it ruins the dog? Is this just the male your referring to or the female too.

Also when you bring your female out, can you put your male in another room? I have never used them, so I don't know if the dog panty thing might work also.

Julie

deedeesmom
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby deedeesmom » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Unless you want to follow then around 24/7, or at least every second they are together, you can't prevent him humping her with out neutering. Now, neutering will prevent mating attempts, but if he is humping her as a display of dominence (sp?) then you need to train train train. It is alot of work. Please becarful, because there is a chance, that even tho she just had pups, she could actually be in heat and get pregnant agian and that would not be good.

Also 8 weeks is the preferred age to have pups leave mamma because they learn alot thru the social interaction with the other pups and mom. It can prevent alot of future behavior problems to let them learn from other pups and mom, for example, that play biting is a no no, or snarling during play is not nice.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Since you already know spaying/neutering a dog doesn't "ruin" them, how about you listen to the advice of spaying your female? It will save you a lot of headaches in the future and you won't have to fear your male humping your female in the future.

As for what the Humane Society said, there are people that find homes for pups at 6 weeks but ideally they should stay with mum until 8 weeks. Besides, what is 2 more weeks of being around precious pups? ;)

Please understand why some of us react the way we do. I am sure you already know how many pit bulls are without homes and how breeding contributes to the exisiting problem.

Mistakes happen to all of us I just hope you can learn from this and try and do the right thing by spaying your female. :thumbsup:

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:50 pm

BabygurlPitMama wrote:I called the vet and the humane society and they both told me that it was ok for them to go at 6- 6.5 weeks old....I wasnt getting rid of them at 4 and 5 weeks..but thanks for the accusations aon things you have no idea about ( for those of you that did)
I do NOT want saidy and monoxide mating...That is why im am here...(or didnt more of you catch that part)
I simply want to know OTHER ways to get him to quit humping other than neutering...because i dont want to BECAUSE ever since i was a little girl and MY dad owned pitbulls i was told that it "ruins the dog"
I know that is absurd...but i do...I want a SIMPLE medium on how to get him to quit because of the fact that i dont want them breeding ....
And for your information He does not go in the whelping area...i let her our every so often during the day so we can spend some time with her...and thats where the problem comes in..
For those who have been somewhat decent..Thanks.

the pups will certainly survive if you let them go at 6 weeks however my dog had pups 5 months ago and those 2 weeks made such a difference in them , they learn bite inhibtion , they learn how to interact with other dogs and pups and for our breed that is important.

as far as ruining your dog maybe you are referring if males are fixed before mature age they grow different? i can understand you wanting your boy to grow the way he is ment to , however i can say your life will be SO much easier by fixing your female , since you really dont want anymore pups .

as for keeping him from humping if hes doing it to breed there is no way you can keep him from doing what comes as instinct, you can correct him when you see it but it only takes a second of them being alone and if she allows it thats it. you are trying to fight instinct by trying to get him not to mount her . the only other medium you can come too is when she is bleeding you must not EVER let them be out together unless you are gonna keep an eye on them %200 of the time .

however please for the sake of the pups that you have hold on to them until 8 weeks its not much longer , and it will make them much better in the end

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Neuter the boy and get him neuticles. No one will be the wiser. Spay the female. Spay/neuter the pups before you place them. And always remember that technology and science move on, and what our parents knew is not always what is right.

annSweet
Newborn Bully

Postby annSweet » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:54 pm

You can't get much simpler than separating them.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 pm

I will never forget the 50 plus pit bulls I saw euthanized EVERY WEEK thanks to people like you.

Dogs deserve better...

You come here telling me I'm worthless because I don't have any good advice? You've gotten good advice. You don't care about your dogs, my words fall on deaf ears....

YOU are not worth my time. Dogs deserve better.

BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

Yea i dont care about my Dogs...MissKiwi you can Jus back the fizzle off and give up because i come on here for advice and not attack...

For those of you that HAVE given me advice nad have ACTUALLY listened to me and not given Accusations .... Thanks...I will defintly talkto him about the spaying...or hell the neutering...
I might wait a little while and see if i can correct it first..but if not then i will see what i can do.Because Saidy is actually HIS dog...he got her right before we got together...so he has say..but i will talk to him..

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 pm

BabygurlPitMama wrote:For those of you that HAVE given me advice nad have ACTUALLY listened to me and not given Accusations .... Thanks...I will defintly talkto him about the spaying...or hell the neutering...
I might wait a little while and see if i can correct it first..but if not then i will see what i can do.Because Saidy is actually HIS dog...he got her right before we got together...so he has say..but i will talk to him..

Just make valid points like the dog's personality won't change for the worse(ask any vet), the humping will go down, he will probably be at decreased risk of gaining dog aggression and human aggression for that matter, he would be at decreased risk for a lot of types of cancer, and that the dog can get neuticles (fake you-know-whats -- a lot of people do it to their dogs... dunno why, it must be a guy thing).

also, you'll get a lot of praise from the pit bull community!

Return to “Health Issues”