NEED HELP QUICK

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm

to be honest i dont care what kind of reputation i have with the "pitbull world" i raise and take care of my dogs the best i can and the best i have been raised too...any body elses opinion on my raising and taking care of my animals dont matter...i have raised very good dogs...do that point doesnt matter..

and second i will defintly talk to him...i dont know how it is going to go but oh well i will deal wit this on my own like we have been.
anyways thanks for those who werent bitchy and argumentive...preciate it.

User avatar
Murfins
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Okotoks, Alberta

Postby Murfins » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:33 pm

I'm reading your posts and I "hear" what you are saying but I have to ask, do you "hear" what anyone else is saying? If you are going to have intact animals and let them breed, even ONCE, then don't you think you should be educated on the number of Pit Bulls out there that need homes, the number that die every single day because of a lack of homes, and the reality to the Pit Bull's troubles in our world right now??

It's a two way street.

BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:38 pm

i UNDERSTAND the number of pitbulls seriously...i have done the research...im "educated" on this...and yes the people WHOM have been decent and unbiased i have heard and thought hard on what they have said...
to answer your question

User avatar
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 7459
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Contact:

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:52 pm

BabygurlPitMama wrote:i UNDERSTAND the number of pitbulls seriously...i have done the research...im "educated" on this...and yes the people WHOM have been decent and unbiased i have heard and thought hard on what they have said...
to answer your question


I'm really not following your argument, since you are coming across as very defensive. No attacks here, just having a discussion. If you DO truly understand the staggering amount of living, breathing dogs and puppies that die every single day because of irresponsible or accidental breeding, AND you know from prior experience that the set-up you have for your dogs leads to accidental litters, PLUS you want to stop the dogs from humping, do you not see that neutering (and/or spaying) is the best all aeound solution?
Failing that, complete separation would also be a viable solution, but one that a pain in the behind to maintain.

In some states (like mine) it is illegal to sell pups before 8 weeks of age, btw.

User avatar
cnjmama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: milwaukee, wi

Postby cnjmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:28 pm

BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..


I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.

User avatar
cnjmama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: milwaukee, wi

Postby cnjmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:30 pm

cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..


I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.

User avatar
cnjmama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: milwaukee, wi

Postby cnjmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:31 pm

cnjmama wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..


I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.


I WOULD NEVER JUDGE ANYONE.......I AM NOT GOD

User avatar
L Boogie
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2654
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Arnold, Missouri

Postby L Boogie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 pm

cnjmama wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..


I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.


Wow, talk about reviving a dead thread.

The PROBLEM with letting pups go so early, is that the mother isn't just for milk. The mother teaches important socialization skills between 6-10 weeks old. She teaches bite inhibition, and how to properly behave with others. By taking them away from the litter so early, you are potentially setting those puppies up to die in a shelter, because they are/will be bitey, have behavioral problems, and the average joe doesn't want to deal with it, so they get rid of the dog.

User avatar
Murfins
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:26 pm
Location: Okotoks, Alberta

Postby Murfins » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Where the hell did those posts come from??

User avatar
Leslie H
Moderator
Posts: 8937
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:06 pm

Postby Leslie H » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Many states have laws saying that pups cannot leave the breeder until 8 weeks.Responsible breeders will have vaccinated pups at least once, and first shots should follow weaning by 2 weeks, to make sure the maternal antibodies don't fight off the beneficial effect of the vaccines. Many breeders will have actually weaned at 4 weeks, given first shots at 6 weeks, and 2nd set at 8 weeks. They might even have done some early crate training/housebreaking.
There is a tremendous amount of information on these boards. It is no secret that this board will for the most part, offer very little support for irresponsible breeding. However, I think most people recognize that we all make mistakes. There's nothing to be done but move forward, and learn from our errors.
When people are disrespectful, no matter how deserved they feel it is, they are in violation of forum rules. I think that tempers are hot enough that boundaries are being crossed. For now, this thread is unlocked, but anything further needs to be civil.

User avatar
cnjmama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: milwaukee, wi

Postby cnjmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:18 pm

L Boogie wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..


I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.


Wow, talk about reviving a dead thread.

The PROBLEM with letting pups go so early, is that the mother isn't just for milk. The mother teaches important socialization skills between 6-10 weeks old. She teaches bite inhibition, and how to properly behave with others. By taking them away from the litter so early, you are potentially setting those puppies up to die in a shelter, because they are/will be bitey, have behavioral problems, and the average joe doesn't want to deal with it, so they get rid of the dog.



I replied to her post and was invited by her. Please dont reply to my reply and argue. Thats not why i am here. I totally dis agree 100% and have gotten a pro's opinion who dis agrees also so i am not going to emphasize because its just a waste of time 4 me. Its obvious no one has the time to read what someone types but eveyone has the time to pass on their bad advice. Im not interested but thanks anyways!

User avatar
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 11122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: 39° 24′ 35″ N, 123° 21′ 20″ W

Postby BrokenAquarian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:34 pm

If the "Pro" you went to was a dog breeder - they probably DON'T know what they're talking about.

How would they know how the pup is acting after they leave the property.
Talk to people who raise puppies that have been taken away from their mothers before 4 and 5 weeks of age

I've done it - and the dog did have behavioral problems that were quite hard to break.

Sometimes they don't, but a LOT of times they do.

User avatar
cnjmama
Newborn Bully
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:00 pm
Location: milwaukee, wi

Postby cnjmama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 pm

KeelazMom wrote:If the "Pro" you went to was a dog breeder - they probably DON'T know what they're talking about.

How would they know how the pup is acting after they leave the property.
Talk to people who raise puppies that have been taken away from their mothers before 4 and 5 weeks of age

I've done it - and the dog did have behavioral problems that were quite hard to break.

Sometimes they don't, but a LOT of times they do.


the pro is not a breeder of course and my dog is from an abandoned litter and my sis n ma have a pup from the litter also. all different pups/different attitudes, NO BITERS

User avatar
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 11122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:43 pm
Location: 39° 24′ 35″ N, 123° 21′ 20″ W

Postby BrokenAquarian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:18 pm

I don't mean that they will be man biters - but puppyhood can be a total
bitch with a puppy that hasn't learned basic behavior from their mother and littermates.

Difficult puppies often end up in shelters when they hit 5 months - because they're a pain in the ass.

Especially when most people do not know how to properly train a dog - or even know real dog behavior.

It doesn't matter how much money someone paid for them. Often, when somone can afford a really expensive dog - they can also afford to replace it.

People with a lot of money often get bored and are constantly replacing and upgrading everything around them, anyway.

Many people treat everything as if it were disposable - even if it's a living breathing animal.


*Note - I am not one of those people who treat my dogs like children :)

User avatar
L Boogie
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2654
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Arnold, Missouri

Postby L Boogie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

cnjmama wrote:
KeelazMom wrote:If the "Pro" you went to was a dog breeder - they probably DON'T know what they're talking about.

How would they know how the pup is acting after they leave the property.
Talk to people who raise puppies that have been taken away from their mothers before 4 and 5 weeks of age

I've done it - and the dog did have behavioral problems that were quite hard to break.

Sometimes they don't, but a LOT of times they do.


the pro is not a breeder of course and my dog is from an abandoned litter and my sis n ma have a pup from the litter also. all different pups/different attitudes, NO BITERS


I hope this "pro" that you speak of isn't the same person who told you to beat your dog.

And if this "pro" isn't a breeder, then how would that qualify them as a "pro"? Are they a certified trainer? Behaviorist?

I replied to her post and was invited by her. Please dont reply to my reply and argue. Thats not why i am here. I totally dis agree 100% and have gotten a pro's opinion who dis agrees also so i am not going to emphasize because its just a waste of time 4 me. Its obvious no one has the time to read what someone types but eveyone has the time to pass on their bad advice. Im not interested but thanks anyways!


Not to be rude, but this board is for discussions/debates/advice. I can reply if I have something to say, and I am being civil...trying to give you advice because you asked what the problem was with taking 5 week old pups from their mother. I explained why it was a problem, as did someone else. Perhaps your pups didn't have a problem, but many do. Perhaps the pups haven't had a chance to develop behavioral problems yet, but they could. Just make sure to stay vigilant on training and NILIF, and you should be fine. Here is a good site that shows the developmental stages of puppies:

http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/Develo ... tages.html


Return to “Health Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests