NEED HELP QUICK

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 pm

cnjmama wrote:
KeelazMom wrote:If the "Pro" you went to was a dog breeder - they probably DON'T know what they're talking about.

How would they know how the pup is acting after they leave the property.
Talk to people who raise puppies that have been taken away from their mothers before 4 and 5 weeks of age

I've done it - and the dog did have behavioral problems that were quite hard to break.

Sometimes they don't, but a LOT of times they do.

the pro is not a breeder of course and my dog is from an abandoned litter and my sis n ma have a pup from the litter also. all different pups/different attitudes, NO BITERS

well since your sister and mom have a pup try to get the pups together as much as you possibly can , they can learn correct doggy behaviour from littermates and also they can begin to learn bite inhibtion.

there isnt a whole lot you can do if the pups were abandoned but getting the littermates together for play sessions can be a good tool for them to begin to learn

u-turn
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby u-turn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:04 pm

OT,thanks for the link :thumbsup:

adoptanapbt
Super Bully

Postby adoptanapbt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:41 pm

I am SO thrilled that this is the type of owner ushering in the next generation of pitbulls.

OP, there is a reason we all have the same opinions. Why every newbie comes on here and thinks the combined wisdom is utter bunk is beyond me. There are hundreds of years of combined wisdom on this board and you would really benefit yourself and your unplanned/unwanted litter if you actually READ some of that advice rather than assuming the entire world is against you.

Have you visited your local shelters at all? If not, you can do it virtually at www.petharbor.com and see all the little pitty faces that will die scared, alone, and on cement floors. There is absolutely no reason to bring another litter into this world and since you did so, you owe it to those pups to do right by them. That means selling them at the responsible (if not legal) age of 8 weeks. Deworming them. Vaccinating them. And ideally spaying/neutering them first. If your bf is so adamant about it, you can make the appt at the vet, drop the puppy off & the new owner can pick it up after the surgery.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:00 pm

cnjmama wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..

I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.

Oh dear GOD. They are "ready to go" since they are toddling around and now nibbling on her food and crapping all over and you cannot deal with their poo!???

:po:

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:22 pm

msvette2u wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
cnjmama wrote:
BabygurlPitMama wrote:First off i asked a simple freaking question on how to come to a simple MEDIUM on how to get my dog to quit humping...
and Second there is no reason to be making accusations on me being a pushover..because i dont want to neuter or spay saidy or monoxide...
THIRD...Monoxide is NOT saidys son...Monoxide is from a whole different Family..
FOURTH...I dont want to hear chocolate about what i do with my dogs because i dont go out and spoil the hell out em and treat them better than i do my own son.
and FIFTH--Thanks for the help you useless INTERNET KnowitALLs.
yours Truly..

I think a lot of people on this board may consider there dogs as there children. Well once you have ACTUAL children you realize that a dog....is A DOG! If you just have one dog and cant even relate to the post then why bother to reply...or bother to attack. Some of you people need to get a life.
FORGOT to add that my pups are not even 5 wks old and they ARE READY TO GO. They either need the mother or DONT. If they dont need the mother and are up for sale wtf is the problem. There ready to go. STOP stalking and judging people. This is a forum to discuss topics and literally everyone on here is so negative and think they have the right to judge.

Oh dear GOD. They are "ready to go" since they are toddling around and now nibbling on her food and crapping all over and you cannot deal with their poo!???

:po:

that gave me flash backs lol

i am glad sierra had hers when it was warm out i took them outside many times a day in a lundry basket to cut down on the amount of poo i had to clean up inside lol . oh the days when they listened and didnt want to stray too far lol

Starbux1
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Starbux1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:52 pm

You are dealing with a still very young girl who already has a child. Remember what it was like when you were barely older than 18, and got your first taste of independence? And how you hated for anybody to tell you what to do? And how you rebelled when you felt someone was telling you what you should do?

I think we are wasting our efforts. These poor pups will be taken from their mother much too soon, sold to whoever has the asking price - likely other young people who aren't stable in their lives/careers yet - and most will end up in shelters and euthanized before all is said and done.

It's sad, but she just doesn't seem to understand that dogs who are not altered do not have the mental capacity to control their instinct to reproduce. The only way to stop the male from humping is to neuter him, but her fiance' is against it, so she won't neuter the dog and make her fiance' unhappy. Only spaying the female still won't stop the male from humping. It's a catch-22, compounded by the fiances' attachment to the male dogs' testicles.

She is asking for a behavioral fix to a biological problem, and there isn't one. Since she won't have the dogs altered, and doesn't want to listen to all the reasons why it should be done, she will simply have to put up with a humpy dog, and shelter workers will simply have to put more dogs down. The cycle of tragedy continues. :frown:

BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Wow this was an old Post...Even though i didnt take ANY Of your advice seeing it was all usless ramble about Nuetering and NILF(which hes been doing since he was 6 weeks)
i just wanted to say that you know it all Judgnementle People can wallow in your own "dog whisperer" thoughts .... i think im done with this site.

BabygurlPitMama
Newborn Bully

Postby BabygurlPitMama » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:31 pm

Starbux1 wrote:You are dealing with a still very young girl who already has a child. Remember what it was like when you were barely older than 18, and got your first taste of independence? And how you hated for anybody to tell you what to do? And how you rebelled when you felt someone was telling you what you should do?

I think we are wasting our efforts. These poor pups will be taken from their mother much too soon, sold to whoever has the asking price - likely other young people who aren't stable in their lives/careers yet - and most will end up in shelters and euthanized before all is said and done.

It's sad, but she just doesn't seem to understand that dogs who are not altered do not have the mental capacity to control their instinct to reproduce. The only way to stop the male from humping is to neuter him, but her fiance' is against it, so she won't neuter the dog and make her fiance' unhappy. Only spaying the female still won't stop the male from humping. It's a catch-22, compounded by the fiances' attachment to the male dogs' testicles.

She is asking for a behavioral fix to a biological problem, and there isn't one. Since she won't have the dogs altered, and doesn't want to listen to all the reasons why it should be done, she will simply have to put up with a humpy dog, and shelter workers will simply have to put more dogs down. The cycle of tragedy continues. :frown:

God can you say DRAMA QUEEN! bleh

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:15 pm

BabygurlPitMama wrote:
Starbux1 wrote:You are dealing with a still very young girl who already has a child. Remember what it was like when you were barely older than 18, and got your first taste of independence? And how you hated for anybody to tell you what to do? And how you rebelled when you felt someone was telling you what you should do?

Starbux isn't being overdramatic...simply speaking the truth.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:13 pm

i think im done with this site.

BabygurlPitMama wrote:

She's "done" yet comes back the next day to post again :huh?:

Return to “Health Issues”