Help with ear infection

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Bully
Newborn Bully

ear infection

Postby Bully » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:06 am

My girl blondie use to get real bad ear infections and we tried the numerous solutions the vets sold us but none of them worked on her. after the third or fourth tube we bought from the vet we pretty much left it alone and im telling you it was BAD really red, hot and she use to scratch it raw well after we left it alone it healed up on its own i never even noticed till today! but take her to the vet hopefully you have a better vet than i use to 8)

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:09 am

I know when i have a bad ear ache I use a hot compress. I would try it on Blondie, it cant hurt. I would take a rag and put it in some really warm water and wring out ALL the extra water and put it over her ear and see if that helps.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:57 am

Go online and find Zymox Otic. Get the ear cleanser and the drops with hydrocortisone.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:02 am

Deniselynn wrote:Go online and find Zymox Otic. Get the ear cleanser and the drops with hydrocortisone.

After dealing with a severe and chronic ear infection here with a foster, which resulted in a ruptured ear drum, I can tell you that the Zymox doesn't work miracles on all ears.
I'd go back to the vet if I were you and get medicine from them, after they've examined the dogs ear.
You don't want to mess around since the ear drum can rupture and anything you put in the ear if it's ruptured can cause permanent hearing loss if it makes it's way down into the inner ear.
You cannot see a ruptured ear drum but it would account for the way your dog went nuts when you put in the cleaner.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:08 am

Yvette, thank you. You are correct.

Bully
Newborn Bully

ear infection

Postby Bully » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:06 pm

BLONDIES EAR INFECTION CLEARED UP ON ITS OWN WAT I WAS SAYING IS THAT I HAD FORGOT ALL ABOUT HER EAR INFECTION UNTIL I SAW THIS POSTING BUT HER EAR HEALED UP ON ITS OWN!

Foxwood
Newborn Bully

Postby Foxwood » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:38 pm

I would definitely go back to the vet and at least let them run something on the ear discharge to see exactly what it, and what meds he should be on. My girl has to be on an oral AND something I squirt in her ear for hers to clear up all the way. And make sure to get rechecked when your done with the meds. I made that mistake with Lilly since she wasn't itching, and she still had yeast, and it was almost full blown again within 2 weeks of being off the meds.

Good luck

Return to “Health Issues”