Nylabones

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
fivehourfrenzy
Newborn Bully

Nylabones

Postby fivehourfrenzy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:37 pm

I thought labs were good chewers. I was wrong. I bought Bella her first Nylabone a couple of months ago, the one designed for powerful chewers. She was breaking it into pieces after about two weeks. I got her another one yesterday and she's loving it. Anyone had issues with NOTHING being able to hold up in the chewing department? I've gotten her five or six Kong toys and she destroys them within a week.

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Re: Nylabones

Postby sarallyn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm

fivehourfrenzy wrote:I thought labs were good chewers. I was wrong. I bought Bella her first Nylabone a couple of months ago, the one designed for powerful chewers. She was breaking it into pieces after about two weeks. I got her another one yesterday and she's loving it. Anyone had issues with NOTHING being able to hold up in the chewing department? I've gotten her five or six Kong toys and she destroys them within a week.

have you tried the black kongs? I know my dog would eat the red ones, but the black ones stump her for a while.

pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby pjrocco » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:59 pm

haha, welcome to the club. My male will destroy anything in about 20 minutes if he really wants too. I have yet to find anything that can hold up to his standards.

Good luck!

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Ive heard the blue kongs are even stronger and they show up on xrays. But I forgot the website where you order them at

fivehourfrenzy
Newborn Bully

Postby fivehourfrenzy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Haven't tried the black Kongs...I might have to grab one next time I'm at Petsmart. It still wouldn't surprise me if she can chew one of those up, but I'll give it a try.

we'reforpuppies
Adolescent Bully

Postby we'reforpuppies » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:49 pm

black kongs don't last around here :sad:

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm laughing at the thought of measuring a chew toy in "weeks".

Minutes is more like it.

Natural bones bigger than his own legs last well, and we have one rubber toy that hasn't disintegrated (and we've had it about four days) but he's not super crazy about it unless it's got the kong stuffing paste in it, so he's maybe played with it a total of two hours. However, it has no chew marks at all on it yet, so it must be pretty sturdy. Of course, I can't recall what it was, but it was with the Kongs, the ones shaped like hollow beehives and it had yellow packaging. It also has bumps on the big end of the hive and is a bright teal color.

I have a memory, sort of like a dream, of being told that the black kongs are guaranteed for life. However, I saw no mention of this on the package so I might be making that up.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Amie wrote:I'm laughing at the thought of measuring a chew toy in "weeks".

Minutes is more like it.

Natural bones bigger than his own legs last well

x2!

Toys don't last at all around here. My friend shot a deer and I gave them all a shoulder joint. Lasted a couple of hours.

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 pm

sarallyn wrote:
fivehourfrenzy wrote:I thought labs were good chewers. I was wrong. I bought Bella her first Nylabone a couple of months ago, the one designed for powerful chewers. She was breaking it into pieces after about two weeks. I got her another one yesterday and she's loving it. Anyone had issues with NOTHING being able to hold up in the chewing department? I've gotten her five or six Kong toys and she destroys them within a week.

have you tried the black kongs? I know my dog would eat the red ones, but the black ones stump her for a while.

Maui destroyed a black kong in a single night. $15 GONE...

jrsapbt
Adolescent Bully

Postby jrsapbt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 pm

Meijer carries a rubber(?) ball on a rope that my dogs love. It's hollow and has the rope going through it. Just a gereric dog toy that my dogs don't chew up. I'm sure thet could but choose not to. I think they have more fun putting the whole thing in their mouth and chomping down over and over and over and over......I never thought I would ever find anything they wouldn't destroy. The best part is it's only $3-4.00 but I've heard Meijer isn't nationwide.

KJAX5252
Super Bully

Postby KJAX5252 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Black kongs have worked for my guys.

I gave up on Nylabones, I was sick of spending 20 dollars for the Gaileo Super Chewer one to find the pieces of it splintered into the berber carpeting.

Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:53 pm

My girl is allergic to it. (most likely) but we it lasted a couple minutes even when she was a little pup. Her kong shaped like a flying saucer has lasted a while, but everything else gets demolished the day we got it. I got a Kong Wubba, those tough fabric octopus looking ones and thought it would last a while. Nope...lasted an hour at the most!

LibertysSavior
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LibertysSavior » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 pm

SugarFox03 wrote:
sarallyn wrote:

Maui destroyed a black kong in a single night. $15 GONE...

$15 for one night of enjoyment????? HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!!!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:11 pm

LibertysSavior wrote: [
$15 for one night of enjoyment????? HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!!!

Said the pimp to the ho!

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm really can't help you out. Rawhide wise, Emily's pretty crazy with them. They last apporx. half an hour.

At Walmart they have some big colorful bones that are I think $7. Emily got her's last year for Christmas and it's about half way gone. Two years ago we went to the deli at Kroger and got her a stew bone. It has shrunk a lot, but still here.

Return to “Health Issues”