My bully is sick...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry your pup is suffering so! I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:21 pm

glad to hear he was doing a litte volunteer moving today!
Hope he continues to improve daily.

carlosg815
Newborn Bully

Postby carlosg815 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 am

He has improved a lot. He's up and moving around, barking, etc... Not walking, but he performs a nice little balancing act on his front paws :))

He went back to the vet yesterday and had more x-rays and blood work done. His x-rays came out fine (his first x-rays did too), so I'm guessing not HOD? I'm not sure. He has all the symptoms, but his x-rays come out good.

The blood work hasn't come back yet. He's just taking his antibiotics, and his pain pills. I'm not sure why he opted to do blood work when he's on an antibiotic, but the vet said that it wouldn't give a false reading. If the blood work comes back clean, and his 2 sets of x-rays are clean, I'm thinking maybe some kind of infection?

The vessels on his legs finally burst through the skin and he started bleeding :sad:

Thanks for all the kind words guys! He's a trooper. I'm just happy his character is back, even if he can't walk around.

Dizzy
Adolescent Bully

Postby Dizzy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:34 am

Riley's first set of xrays when he first started showing symptoms were fine as well. We thought it was panosititis (sp?) for a long. It takes a little while for the calcium to build up in the joints enough to show up on the xrays. But still, I hope it's not HOD, too.

Glad to hear he's still truckin', though. I think that's most of why we never had Riley pts-he never lost that will to try. Talk about gameness, huh?

Hope he continues to get better. :thumbsup:

carlosg815
Newborn Bully

Postby carlosg815 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:09 am

His swelling has gone allmost completley away, and he's scraping around by his front paws. His hind legs are still a little lazy, but he's showing a ton of improvement.

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone! I think he's gonna be OK.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Keep us updated!
Paws crossed

Dizzy
Adolescent Bully

Postby Dizzy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:58 am

Awesome! I'm glad to hear he's doing well. :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”