Any real difference between AVID and HomeAgain?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:18 pm

I think with the HomeAgain chips, you don't have to subscribe to the "bonus" super-service or whatever it is they're calling it.

My dog was chipped with Home Again a while back, so there's no issues there, but like I said I am pretty sure that you can still do the basic (name & contact info, you know, the important stuff) registration with the one-time-fee with Home Again without paying for all the extra insurance, collar decals, etc etc. that the $15 extra per month gives you.

Yikes- that's so expensive! Around here you can get your dog microchipped for $15-$30 at a clinic or vet, plus the one-time registration fees of $15-$20. You can probably get the chip implanted at Banfield or any other shot clinic or public shelter with no vet exam fee.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:25 pm

I have some with one avid and the others have Home Again. It depended on the vet at the time. They are really the same price around here so it doesn't matter either way.

Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Taffy has an AVID chip. I got her chipped through work (since I work at a clinic).... only cost me twenty five bucks.

leopardjunkie
Adolescent Bully

Postby leopardjunkie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm

we had Beanie chipped with Home again so it was the same as Moxy's for tracking purposes and after we picked him up I found out that they had a yearly fee....I called and complained...she made it sound like it was not mandatory....So hopfully when our year is up we won't have any problems....

So you get different features for moxy and beanie...none of which are worth the $$ IMO

my vet tracks their medical stuff for free! LOL I don't need to pay extra for feature like that! They can take their chip back....

That's like buying nacho's and having to pay for all the fixing as you eat!! HA

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:05 am

innocence621 wrote:Would you be willing to microchip them yourself? Cuz you can buy the chip and needle and do it. It's easy, just a biigg needle. Let me know and I'll give you the site.

Not confident enough for that. Loki cried when she got chipped, and I'd be scared of jabbing a needle into what I've heard is a fairly sensitive area. I'll just keep looking, or maybe go with the $20 HA chips. We're moving tomorrow, but once we get settled, I'll ask the husband what he thinks.

heradapit
Newborn Bully

Postby heradapit » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:46 am

Hera got chipped with AVID...I paid $15 and that was it. but i got mine done on a military post maybe thats why it was so cheap

Return to “Health Issues”