Itchy back

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
zifosgirl
Newborn Bully

Itchy back

Postby zifosgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 am

Ok, Spike has been knawing at his back for a while now, and tonight I noticed it's bloodshot red in the areas he's been biting at. There's no hair loss in the area, he does have dry skin, but he's been getting Grizzly Salmon oil for that, and its mainly at the base of his tail. I haven't noticed any fleas, and he's been eating Blue Buffalo since we adopted him. The salmon oil has made is coat soft and shiney, but still dry.... 8l So I leaning toward food allergies. Anyone have any ideas.

He's due to go back to the vet in a week and he's only 3 months old.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:58 am

I'd see a vet sooner than that if possible. He sounds miserable.

It could still be flea allergy even if you don't see fleas. It only takes ONE BITE. I would get a quality flea prevention product like advantix on him asap.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:38 am

that sounds like flea allergies to me , esp at the base of his tail and it being blood red?
hope he is soon feeling better, poor guy.

zifosgirl
Newborn Bully

Postby zifosgirl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:56 pm

Well he's not biting at it 24/7, not even alot, just every couple days I'll notice it. He doesn't look miserable, and it isn't disrupting his daily routines, like playing or sleeping... but I have already made an appointment for this weekend. I hope its nothing serious... :sad:

Return to “Health Issues”