BAD dandruff..

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pit_amor
Newborn Bully

Postby pit_amor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:37 am

I got that info from my vet. Do your research.

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 am

Okay, lovely PBFers, I've trimmed out the inappropriate off topic discussion from this thread in the hopes that the original poster can get some useful, topical information from her thread, so please don't revive the nonsense that I trimmed out, or a lock will happen.

How 'bout we focus on helping the OP instead of getting into an internet battle of wits with each other, what do you say? You wanna continue the OT discussion? Take it to PMs, or start a separate discussion and keep it civil. :thumbsup:

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:35 am

layla wrote:i guess me and albert will go find a new food tonght at petco! that's my favorite place ha! :oops: ..i will try not to bathe her as often either. she just goes outside and plays and stinks..mama won't let her on the couch if she is stinky.

and i'm not real sure what ACV is..?

thanks yall!

I'd be willing to bet that if you switched to a higher quality food she'll smell better, you won't need to give her a bath as often which, along with the better food, will help her skin out a bunch. Supplementing with fish body oils, as someone already suggested, will likely help out the situation as well.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:43 am

pitgrrl wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that if you switched to a higher quality food she'll smell better, you won't need to give her a bath as often which, along with the better food, will help her skin out a bunch. Supplementing with fish body oils, as someone already suggested, will likely help out the situation as well.

Ditto
Throw in a raw egg every now and then. Maybe try some ProZyme.
But the Salmon oil will really really help

yamaha4eva
Newborn Bully

Postby yamaha4eva » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:49 am

Also I didnt see anything about this yet, but unless your pup is getting extremely dirty or peeing in the cage or anything, a bath once a week in my opinion is to much. All that bathing does not help out dry skin either..especially in the winter months..

layla
Newborn Bully

Postby layla » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:12 am

what about a raw diet? if i tried doing that would it help with her coat? just wondering..i'm really considering trying this.

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 am

layla wrote:what about a raw diet? if i tried doing that would it help with her coat? just wondering..i'm really considering trying this.

There's no harm in doing raw. It would be an improvement for sure. :) They sell pre-packaged raw through Nature's Variety if you wanted to start there. :)

Return to “Health Issues”