dogs pee vs cat pee

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

dogs pee vs cat pee

Postby reddog » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 am

Okay, Everyime I take my dog out to pee and even peeing right outside my porch where she is supposed to go I never smell it. But this morning when I got back from the vet with her my porch really stunk with pee smell. did she pee on the porch before we left and it being inclosed made it stink? gone for a hour .

or did a cat get on my porch and piss. I did see a cat a little ago I had never seen before. maybe it was him?

I guess my question is , does dog pee ever smell strong?

i did not give my dog nothing to drink or eat this morning cause we was going to the vet and didnt want her peeing in the vet office.

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:39 am

Dog urine should not smell very strong no. In general cat urine is MUCH more concentrated than a dogs.

Many other things can factor into that of course. In general though, if over a little time you notice a chance in the dogs urine, it might warrant a trip to the vet.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 am

I agree but dog urine does have an odour to it. Does she have a UTI?

MikeZev
Addicted to PBF

Postby MikeZev » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:00 pm

i personally cant taste the difference

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:18 pm

lol Mike

Cat pee usually is way worse than dog pee, and they're more specific about going in the same place. I'd immediately tear down the house, spray the area with bleach and then rebuild.

Or, go to the store and buy one of those enzyme things and really soak the area. You don't want kitty to decide yours is the best latrine she's ever used.

(But do check the dog's health, too.)

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:32 pm

dog went to vet today as said. she has peed in front of me 3-4 times it does not smell like this did, I guess the cat got in somehow. have to fix that

Rinalia
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Rinalia » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 pm

MikeZev wrote:i personally cant taste the difference

That's because you don't have a discerning palate.

MuttsMom
Matured Bully

Postby MuttsMom » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Amie wrote:
Cat pee usually is way worse than dog pee, and they're more specific about going in the same place. I'd immediately tear down the house, spray the area with bleach and then rebuild.

Yes, this is probably your best option... but the cat will probably still return as it can smell the one tiny molecule of pee that remains on a splinter of a board that is buried 8 ft underground....

Sorry had some serious cat pee issues here lately and almost ready to kill all my cats. But yeah cat pee is way worse than dog pee. Sometimes my dog's pee has a strong odor first pee in the morning, but NOTHING in comparison to cat pee or spray...AAAACKKKKK!!!! :po: :po: :po:
cat pee= worst.substance.EVER.

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 pm

MuttsMom wrote:
Amie wrote:

Yes, this is probably your best option... but the cat will probably still return as it can smell the one tiny molecule of pee that remains on a splinter of a board that is buried 8 ft underground....

Sorry had some serious cat pee issues here lately and almost ready to kill all my cats. But yeah cat pee is way worse than dog pee. Sometimes my dog's pee has a strong odor first pee in the morning, but NOTHING in comparison to cat pee or spray...AAAACKKKKK!!!! :po: :po: :po:
cat pee= worst.substance.EVER.

yeah thats what I thought. Thanks

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Happy to help!

Return to “Health Issues”