My dog has little growths...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
HOWARDBRUISER
Newborn Bully

My dog has little growths...

Postby HOWARDBRUISER » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 pm

He has about 3-4 growths around his body. The vet said we can remove them or just monitor them to see if they grow. His appetite and energy are still very good. Anybody have any experiences with this or know what can cause the little growths?

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Any pictures?

HOWARDBRUISER
Newborn Bully

Postby HOWARDBRUISER » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:55 pm

No pics.. but they kinda look like pimples or male dog nipples(they are on his shoulder and hind leg)

pitgrrl

Postby pitgrrl » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Has the vet done a needle aspirate, meaning poking a needle in them and looking at the cells under a microscope?

HOWARDBRUISER
Newborn Bully

Postby HOWARDBRUISER » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Yes, and she couldn't get too much info out of it and said they look benign but said she could remove them to make sure.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:25 am

Could they be bully bumps? My moms dog Emma has a ton of these, more as she has gotten older. They are about the size of a wart or male dog nipple and they are covered by fur. We had them removed and biopsied a few times, but as they just kept coming back and were benign we have since left them alone, and have the whole lot removed once a year. Our vet who is a Pit Bull enthusiast says that they are not uncommon on Pit Bulls especially poorly bred ones like Emma. I would have them removed and biopsied just to be sure.

NAILHEAD
Adolescent Bully

Postby NAILHEAD » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:46 pm

my rednose who passed last year started to get those about when he was 10-11. just like skin tags. They are ugly (small) but no threat if they have no root or anchor into the skin. I tied his off with sewing thread so they would die off with no blood flow. seemed to work for us.. but they do tend to pop up in other spots. but keep a close eye on them in any case.

HOWARDBRUISER
Newborn Bully

Postby HOWARDBRUISER » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks a lot for the info guys!!! He is only 4 1/2 so we were kind of worried. He was supposed to have it removed last week but I think he knew and kept making himself have diarrhea to postpone it. Thanks again!

Return to “Health Issues”