FLEAS FLEAS FLEAS....I'm OVER IT

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

FLEAS FLEAS FLEAS....I'm OVER IT

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:06 pm

So Florida (my area the most according to pest control people) is BAD with fleas this year. It's never got cold enough for them to go away. We've been having ORKIN come out and spray only to find out they don't treat for fleas
even tho the person one the phone ask,"what you're having a problem with?" and you say,"fleas", they say," OH YES WE TREAT FOR THAT".....Well THE F**K THEY DO! They arn't even license to do that (good to know huh?
ANYHOW!
We have had these guys on everything Lil'Man with his insane all. to fleas is ripping himself apart scratching. I have to comb them more then once a day, we've treated still the outside and inside alone once a month. I have never found a flea on myself unless the dog is on me or I'm combing them but this is just making us and them nuts.....

Does anyone know of or has used PORBAN (pill) ?
Is that the pill you'd get from a vet for fleas?

OR Do you have anything that WORKS like it should. or at lest close to????

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 am

We use Frontline Plus, and have never had a problem. In addition to treating Lil Man, have you bombed the house? I hear vacuuming frequently also helps.

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 am

L Boogie wrote:We use Frontline Plus, and have never had a problem. In addition to treating Lil Man, have you bombed the house? I hear vacuuming frequently also helps.

Yeah we do the inside once a month with the same stuff all pest control services use.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 am

LILMANSMOMMIE wrote:
L Boogie wrote:We use Frontline Plus, and have never had a problem. In addition to treating Lil Man, have you bombed the house? I hear vacuuming frequently also helps.

Yeah we do the inside once a month with the same stuff all pest control services use.

Hey I'm also in our area. I use Frontline Plus on Hannah, but I use it every 3 weeks not 4, spray the yard every 2 months vacuum every other day and bomb the house 2 times a year and I don't have ANY fleas. But I'm diligent about keep those little F&*CKERS outa my house! lol

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 am

i can't use front line Shiba (the cat ) has a bad reaction to it, and at one point we used in on the dogs and it wasn't very effective for us.
and we do the house more offten then twice a year

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:56 am

LILMANSMOMMIE wrote:i can't use front line Shiba (the cat ) has a bad reaction to it, and at one point we used in on the dogs and it wasn't very effective for us.
and we do the house more offten then twice a year

Then put on Advantage every 2-3 weeks instead of once a month?

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:35 pm

That is what we us now. I thought it would cause some reactiuon or sometyhing like that if you used it too close together?

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:55 pm

LILMANSMOMMIE wrote:That is what we us now. I thought it would cause some reactiuon or sometyhing like that if you used it too close together?

No my vet said that flea season is really bad and if need be you can use it every 2-3 weeks. He said it's almost like the fleas are becoming immune after a couple of weeks...little buggars!

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:10 pm

iluvmypithannah wrote:
LILMANSMOMMIE wrote:That is what we us now. I thought it would cause some reactiuon or sometyhing like that if you used it too close together?

No my vet said that flea season is really bad and if need be you can use it every 2-3 weeks. He said it's almost like the fleas are becoming immune after a couple of weeks...little buggars!

that's what I got from my vet as well, the becoming immune part. But thats great to know that I can do it more offten with no harm to my puppy loves.
I really wanna find out about that pill tho. If its easier and just as effictive, then no more screaming at the dogs to stop trying to lick each other and scream at the kid not to touch them til it's dry.

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:54 pm

You need to treat the cat too. You wont get good flea control unless all the animals are treated. Cats are actually the natural host for the type of fleas that most commonly infect dogs. Obviously don't treat her with Frontline if she had a reaction to it, but she might do fine on advantage or revolution.

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Roxers wrote:You need to treat the cat too. You wont get good flea control unless all the animals are treated. Cats are actually the natural host for the type of fleas that most commonly infect dogs. Obviously don't treat her with Frontline if she had a reaction to it, but she might do fine on advantage or revolution.

OH they get treated too! Just the problem is in the dogs

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 pm

scroll down this page until you see the F's dont know if it works but it might be worth a try

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/handyhints.htm

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Look into REVOLUTION. Its wonderful.

AkainePSP
Adolescent Bully

Postby AkainePSP » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:06 am

I line in Pa so right now fleas are not an issue for us but in the spring I treat my cats with Revolution. In the past when we had Harley I used Revolution on her as well. Really it's a godsend. I treat them right around April or May, before the fleas even become an issue.

Kelly

LILMANSMOMMIE
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby LILMANSMOMMIE » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:34 pm

AkainePSP wrote:I line in Pa so right now fleas are not an issue for us but in the spring I treat my cats with Revolution. In the past when we had Harley I used Revolution on her as well. Really it's a godsend. I treat them right around April or May, before the fleas even become an issue.

Kelly

I've decided thats gotta be a good reason to live some where cold... You at lest get a break from them at some point lol

Return to “Health Issues”