What do you guys recommend?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
robc
Adolescent Bully

What do you guys recommend?

Postby robc » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm thinking about switching my pups food from Nutrisource to Canidae...my question is: what is the best Canidae to buy for Titus? He is 8 weeks old...and also how should I go about switching his food? I was thinking of adding some of the Canidae to his Nutrisource a little at a time until he's switched over completely to Canidae....thanks guys & gals...rob

Here's Titus:

Shes Got Heart
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shes Got Heart » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:11 pm

The proper way to do it would be to add a little of the new food at a time. But I've just changed my dogs food straight over before and it has never bothered her. But it could cause stomach upset that way.

robc
Adolescent Bully

Postby robc » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Shes Got Heart wrote:The proper way to do it would be to add a little of the new food at a time. But I've just changed my dogs food straight over before and it has never bothered her. But it could cause stomach upset that way.
I was thinking half and half...rob

Bulldaddy
Matured Bully

Re: What do you guys recommend?

Postby Bulldaddy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

robc wrote:I'm thinking about switching my pups food from Nutrisource to Canidae...my question is: what is the best Canidae to buy for Titus? He is 8 weeks old...and also how should I go about switching his food? I was thinking of adding some of the Canidae to his Nutrisource a little at a time until he's switched over completely to Canidae....thanks guys & gals...rob

Here's Titus:

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 pm

The Canidae formula you want is the All-Life-Stages. That's what I feed my pack, so the puppy and the grownups can all eat the same thing. I think that's one of the best Canidae formulas anyway.

Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Wesam » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:08 pm

You can also do 75% old, 25% new the first week, 50-50 the next, 75% new, 25% old the third week then 100% new the 4th week.

Every dog will react differently to food swtiches. Mine is almost immune to it, I can switch foods in 3 days.

So I would suggest you stick to this for a while, see how things are going for a month or two, then if it's working, i.e. dog is liking it and the coat is nice, your wallet is cool with the price, then stick to it.

Otherwise, switch!

robc
Adolescent Bully

Postby robc » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks for the info guys.....I found a retaikler 10 min from my house.....this food just looks great, I have another off topic question.....what kind of dog treats are the highest quality? I have a dog treat called authority they are realy small and thats one of the reasons I like them.....they don't interfere with my pups diet.....and they were highly reccommended.....rob

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 am

Ernie started on All Life Stages when he was 16 weeks (thats when I got him).

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:46 am

What I think is OMG, that puppy is freakin adorable. Sorry :offtopic: , just couldn't help myself.

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:54 am

Wesam wrote:You can also do 75% old, 25% new the first week, 50-50 the next, 75% new, 25% old the third week then 100% new the 4th week.

Every dog will react differently to food swtiches. Mine is almost immune to it, I can switch foods in 3 days.

So I would suggest you stick to this for a while, see how things are going for a month or two, then if it's working, i.e. dog is liking it and the coat is nice, your wallet is cool with the price, then stick to it.

Otherwise, switch!

This is how I switch foods also. Take it slow for less chance of gastric upset..translated: the flying splarts

u-turn
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby u-turn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:59 am

robc wrote:Thanks for the info guys.....I found a retaikler 10 min from my house.....this food just looks great, I have another off topic question.....what kind of dog treats are the highest quality? I have a dog treat called authority they are realy small and thats one of the reasons I like them.....they don't interfere with my pups diet.....and they were highly reccommended.....rob

my dogs love them. thats how i got U-turn loving his crate.. He will do almost anything for them.

jrsapbt
Adolescent Bully

Postby jrsapbt » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:13 pm

One of the stores where I live gives you a free bag of Canidae snap biscuits with every 40lb bag of Canidae you purchase.

The dogs love them but they seem to crumble alot when you break they apart.

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:01 pm

i have an idea, you buy the food and send that lovely pup to me :)
sooo cute

luckystar02
Adolescent Bully

Postby luckystar02 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:43 pm

bellabear wrote:What I think is OMG, that puppy is freakin adorable. Sorry :offtopic: , just couldn't help myself.

X2!!!

angus
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby angus » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:24 am

Authority is on the list of recalled dog food. I wouldn't buy anything from them. This is the list of ingredients for their liver biscuits.

Liver, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal, Wheat Flour, Pregelatinized Wheat Starch, Animal Fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), Propylene Glycol, Water, Salt, Phosphoric Acid, Dried Egg Product, Fish Meal, Mono- & Diglycerides, Potassium Sorbate (a preservative), Fumeric Acid, Caramel Color, Red Iron Oxide.

As you can see from the ingredients, these biscuits are pure junk. If you are switching to Canidae, stick with their snap biscuits. Its the same great quality.

Return to “Health Issues”