Peeing in her sleep-Please help

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
ChiO_Mel
Newborn Bully

Peeing in her sleep-Please help

Postby ChiO_Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 pm

My baby Lola has been in heat for almost the last week. She has had her doggie pampers on because she sleeps with me and I have light colored carpets. I have noticed that this morning her diaper is filled with pee. Before she went into heat she NEVER peed or pooed in the house. I thought "maybe she had to go and didnt wake me thank goodness for the diaper!"
Well I came home from the store and walked her and change her pad in her diaper. Then I was working on my site and she was on the couch nex to me. She didnt move for 2 hours. She stirred a bit and wimpered in her sleep and ran in her sleep but never got up from her spot. I rubbed her when she wimpered. I think she was having a nighmare. (she did this her first night with me) After I woke her I rubbed her tummy and she rolled over and her diaper is filled with pee! She peed in her sleep.
Is this something they do while in heat? Did she realize with the diaper she can be lazy? Did she pee from the nightmare? Can I help her some how? I just dont know what to do.
I dont want her to learn that she can pee in the house. She has done so well so far. If this something that happens from a nightmare or something I want to help her.

dr961
Super Bully

Postby dr961 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Unless your dog is really old, she shouldn't be peeing in her sleep--it isn't normal. She could well have a bladder infection or even a uterine problem. I'd suggest taking her to the vet: tell him what has been happening just like you wrote here.

Then, when Lola has been out of heat for a couple months, get her spayed!

ChiO_Mel
Newborn Bully

Postby ChiO_Mel » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Oh yes we already have an appointment in 3 weeks (hopefully she will be done) to get her spayed. As much as I love puppies. No puppies for me!

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm

I never remember our Jasmine having bladder control issues when in heat.
Our girl Bump would leak in her sleep or have accidents when she had a urinary tract infection.... so, I agree with the above poster that you should ask your vet about it. They may want you to bring a urine sample in for testing.
Hope all goes well.

dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby dougs85 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:30 am

my mia went thru the same thing i thot it was a urine infection, but it ended up being an ectopic euteror wich is 1 of her valves from her kiddneys isnt connecting to the bladder like it should. she dribbled constant tho she would lie down for 5 mins an then get up and there would be a puddle of pee, she had surgery about a month and a half ago it has helped alot but there is still a small bit of dribbling now again. the vet said she could have a inflamation and her system is just getting used to it need to fone him in 2 weeks to give him update.
I cant get mia spayed now that shes had this surgery if i do and the problem cums back she could get an infection an end up with kidney failure:(
speak to the vet u can never be too carefull. sorry for going on a bit thot i would share

mom2bennientiny
Super Bully

Postby mom2bennientiny » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 am

Definitely take her to the vet! Could be any one of the things previously mentioned, could even be diabetes. My Tiny has been diabetic since she was 1.5 years old and the major symptom was urination during the night, then it started during the day, then became pretty much constant until she was diagnosed.

ChiO_Mel
Newborn Bully

Postby ChiO_Mel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 pm

We went to the vet this morning and got her urine tested poop floated microchipped nails clipped and rabies and some other stuff I can't remember that I paid for.lol They said she had slight blood in her urine and tested it. It was menstral blood. "Nothing to be alarmed about." When she was microchipped she peed. They had to do it twice. They "lost" the first one on the floor. When the nurse got her excited she peed. When she played with the dog down stairs last night she peed. Because she didn't do this before she went into heat the vet thinks it is being caused by that. And if it continues after she is no longer in heat to bring her back in to see if she is a nervous/excited pee-er or if there is something else wrong. Besides that the vet said Lola was perfect! Oh yeah! He also said she in 8-9 months by the look of her teeth. And said she is a catahoula pit mix.

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm

ChiO_Mel wrote:Oh yes we already have an appointment in 3 weeks (hopefully she will be done) to get her spayed. As much as I love puppies. No puppies for me!

better watch out saying your not taking her untill 3 weeks folks around here think you should do it the day you get your dog. :thumbsup:

ChiO_Mel
Newborn Bully

Postby ChiO_Mel » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I wish I can do it sooner. I got her on Monday night-Tuesday morning (midnight). I took her to the vet tuesday morning and set an appointment for Thursday. She started bleeding Wednesday.. I was mad! Now I have to wait the 2 weeks for her to bleed and the vet said she is still in heat another week after.. TRUST me I had no intentions of waiting that long. I wish they can do it now.

Return to “Health Issues”