pit bull will not eat her food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

pit bull will not eat her food

Postby reddog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 am

my pit bull has refused to eat for the last two days, I put her food out and all she does it flips it over or somehow gets it sll over the ground but will not eat it what could cause this? My black lab still eats fine.

Also my pit keeps trying to get out, i got her out yesterday and petted her and i came in for 2 sdecs went back out and she was gone, my neighbor had her and brought her back over, seems she likes his house, he has a dog also a boxer or some type small dog.

Anyways I put her on the long chain just now to see where she was getting out from and she is pushing my wood gate at the bottom making a gap to get out, not very big opening but she is getting out this way. Sp now i will have to put a lock on bottom on the inside and out of the gate to fix this, but I do not understand why she wants out so bad, is she in heat?

how can you tell if a dog is in heat? whats the signs? could that be it? his dog is a boy dog I belive, so is she trying to go to get to him?

she has gotten away 3 times so far and everytime heads stright to my neighbors yard. to his front porch where his dog is inside.

once she gets to his house shes calm and will let him put a leash on her to walk her back here but she wants to go back with im everytime. gots to be something adtracting her to over there? right

Thanks

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:56 am

Is she spayed?
What did the vet give you for her broken nail?
What kind of food are you feeding her?

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 am

Get "your pit" spayed. That will solve all of your problems (they tend to eat less when in heat).

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:00 am

Oh no. She'll get pregnant if you do not spay her NOW.
The last thing you need is a litter of puppies. :crybaby:

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:04 am

msvette2u wrote:Oh no. She'll get pregnant if you do not spay her NOW.
The last thing you need is a litter of puppies. :crybaby:

And make sure she is properly contained....even after she is spayed, but DEFINTELY keep her contained now....

jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby jewelsdaddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 am

Is there a reason your dog isn't spayed?

1. Fix the fence, ASAP! Your neighbor could make a complaint.
2. Spay your pup!!

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 pm

see, a bunch of you jump to conclusions.

First off, she is not the dog with a broke toenail, that is my lab.....

second, I just talked to my neighbor and his dog is a female to, so two girl dogs cant get preg, if so I would like to know how..

thrird, i live in a county that you CAN NOT tie your dog up ( just found that out )
Got another issue with my neighbors dog who attaked this young boy yesterday and we found out by animal control for the county i live in that you can tie on up, must be INSide or in a fenced in yard..

so I figed out one way she got out and fixed it but now her fat butt is going under the gate. so i got to fig out a way to fix that now.

shes not sprayed cause I have had her less then a couple weeks and the vets are all booked, got a apt. for a couple weeks to get her shots and microchiped, but fixing a dog cost quite a bit. it get done sometime or another.

seeing if there going to have another low cost spray anytime soon

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 pm

^ thats supposed to say, we just found out you CAN NOT tie your dog up.... walking on a leash is fine but tie up in yard is a no no. animal control will take the dog if they see it tied up. witch really SUCKS

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:36 pm

Call AC and ask them for ideas or help help on better containing your dog if you cannot figure out how to fix your fence.

And no one jumped to conclusions, YOU posted this:
[img]how can you tell if a dog is in heat? whats the signs? could that be it? his dog is a boy dog I belive, so is she trying to go to get to him?

she has gotten away 3 times so far and everytime heads stright to my neighbors yard. to his front porch where his dog is inside.
[/img]

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 pm

sorry, that was supposed to be a quote, but I messed it up :oops:

how can you tell if a dog is in heat? whats the signs? could that be it? his dog is a boy dog I belive, so is she trying to go to get to him?

maximusflys
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby maximusflys » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Here we go again!!!!!! For all you folks that stuck up for him when his last dog was lost, better get him to get his chocolate together because this is the exact thing that happened last time. He needs serious help NOW.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm

maximusflys wrote:Here we go again!!!!!! For all you folks that stuck up for him when his last dog was lost, better get him to get his chocolate together because this is the exact thing that happened last time. He needs serious help NOW.

:goodpost:

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:28 pm

maximusflys wrote:Here we go again!!!!!! For all you folks that stuck up for him when his last dog was lost, better get him to get his chocolate together because this is the exact thing that happened last time. He needs serious help NOW.
:goodpost:

:bolt:

jewelsdaddy
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby jewelsdaddy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:30 pm

No matter what sex your neighbors dog is your neighbor could still complain about having to deal with your loose dog and then you would have a complaint on record at AC.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm

1. Get her spayed, because if she gets loose you will already have to worry about her getting hit by a car, attacked by another animal, biting someone, someone hurting her, her never coming back, etc. etc. nevermind a litter of puppies to have to deal with.

2. Read the law. In California it is illegal to tether or chain your dog to a stationary object for more than a few hours. HOWEVER, you can tether your dog to a non-stationary (MOVING) object, like on a cable runner.

You can get two very large boat tie-outs, the kind that screw into the ground, and run them into your dirt. Concrete them in. Clamp aircraft cable to each. Or secure the cable to your house and a tree, or two trees, whatever. The cable can run along the ground or in the air like a clothesline. MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO OBSTRUCTIONS! If there are obstructions your dog can literally hang herself. I have seen it happen at least five times. It is ugly and sad.

Then get a pulley and attach this to aircraft cable, or skip the pulley and thread a sufficient weight chain, it does not have to be some tuff-dude huge chain, through the cable. Ta dah, you have a pulley system! I do not trust it 100% (and do not use leather or fabric- the dog will chew through it, and yes, dogs can also chew through aircraft cable) so I would back it up with a SECURE fence. Another latch on your gate to go on the bottom costs less than $5 and even I can install it, and I'm clumsy.

PLEASE, KEEP YOUR ANIMALS IN YOUR YARD. We all complain about loose dogs on here. There are dogs shot by the police, hit by cars, stolen and abused, biting pedestrians, and they all have one thing in common- they were out loose. Please please make some changes-- the current set-up is obviously not working for this dog and did not work for your last dog.

I know having a dog is a lot of work, sometimes it seems like too much work. If it seems like it is too much work, don't be afraid to find the dogs homes through a shelter, or a rescue group. They will be sure to have the dogs fixed and will screen homes before placing the dogs, or if the dogs are not suitable for adoption, they will give the dogs treats and have them gently put to sleep.

Return to “Health Issues”