pit bull will not eat her food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:59 am

I believe he posted that little red girl was never coming back because she was hit by a car (sometime after being lost and after the acquisition of the new dogs)

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Kingsgurl wrote:I believe he posted that little red girl was never coming back because she was hit by a car (sometime after being lost and after the acquisition of the new dogs)

yes Daisy, the one in my avator got out her crate at my folks house and chased a deer ( we belive) and got lost, was found couple weeks ago dead less then 100 foot from the back of my parents property ( looked as she was finally comeing back home and got hit)

I now have a black lab witch is autally now my gfs dog

and i have another pit bull her name is Dixie.

And well You built a pen, your dog gets out, so you watch your dog to see how it gets out, you fix that issue then the dog gets out again, so you watch again and fix that issue.

I did the same thing with daisy, she keep finding ways out of the pen. the pen is 100% secure and thats where they sleep.

now I am trying to secure the play area 100% it was 100% for Diasy, but for dixie she finds ways out...

somewhere on here they is a thread I think with pics of my play area and the totally inclosed area with heated dog house....

the fence is 6 foot one side, and 4 foot other, NO she is not jjumping but yet crawling under a 3 inch gap in the bottom of the wood gate getting out.

got some concrete today to fix that but its now raining so have to wait till the rain is over to fix it.

my county laws are you can not have a dog on a runner, tie out cable, or anything unatended outside.

you can walk it on a leash and supposed to be keep inside or inside a fenced yard.

I live on 3.25 acrea do not have $10,000 to chain link my whole yard, dont have $5,000 to do half of it.

I am in the process of putting up a 10X5 foot play area thats going to be chain link fence,. plan on concreating at bottom so they cant dig it out....

if i got to top it i will but being 8 foot tall dont think they will jump out of it.

the black lab loves to jump but never jumped over the 4 foot wood fence.

i just started a new job and so did my wife, my dogs are about to get everything they need, shots, fixed. good food ( if ever fig out whats good) heartworm prev.microchiped and anything else they need..

BY THE way my neighbor not going to report nothing, hes got a dog and understands, hes old and been my neighbor since i was a baby, i lived in same place all my life.

to anyone else if you aint got nothing nice to say shut your F mouth

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 pm

reddog wrote:

You ask questions here, your gonna get replies and opinions.

Like, in my opinion, you should not own dogs.

Deal with it.

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:04 pm

oh yeah the pit bull Dixie finally ate today, she ate lots also, so she must be in a better mood, shes been ignoring me and really timid around me for whatever reason, today she ate, let me walk her and now is laying beside me in my room.

she didnt go to bathroom but shes went 8-10 hours in the past w/o going

like someone else said before sometimes humans go a day w/o doing anything to guess dogs can also

OH yeah as far as biting, my friends son just got bit by my other neighbors dog and that dog was tied up and in his yard, were not 100% if the kid was in the guys yard or beside his yar dbut the dog attacked, but its also a retired K9 Dog, so thats what they do, that dog is scary, i dont like bing in the yard when its outside.

they are other dogs around also but dixie seems to just like my one neighbor, remember I do not live in a sudivision, i live on private property, and my neighbor is across my gravel driveway from me.

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Lanolar wrote:
reddog wrote:

Deal with it.

well you just shoing your IQ not your age, so your the one gots to deal with that.

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm

reddog wrote:
Lanolar wrote:
reddog wrote:

Deal with it.

well you just shoing your IQ not your age, so your the one gots to deal with that.

http://www.engrish.com Come again?

Like I said, if you can not handle the opinions posted here, stop posting. You are a trainwreck of a dog owner. Get your dog spayed. Fix your other dogs nail. Get their shots done. Be a responsible owner. It is not rocket science. Its simply being an adult and realizing as the dogs owner you are responsible for their health and welfare. Now flipping DO IT.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Here's an idea. Don't leave your dogs unattended in the yard! Then you don't have to worry about them getting out.

Why you would get not 1, but 2 dogs is beyond me.

You were irresponsible with your last dog and it ended up dead. As many of us predicted in your threads before. You said you didn't have money to properly care for the first dog so when that dog is gone you get more! Dogs and other pets cost money end of story.

Oh and your dog is now timid and shying away from you.....that sounds familiar.

Do you listen to ANYTHING anyone has told you?

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:25 pm

reddog wrote:
i just started a new job and so did my wife, my dogs are about to get everything they need, shots, fixed. good food ( if ever fig out whats good) heartworm prev.microchiped and anything else they need..

Then don't get any dogs UNTIL you can afford and get them everything they need IMMEDIATELY. As from what happened to your previous dog, I think it is safe to say that you were not ready for dog ownership...

u-turn
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby u-turn » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:15 pm

try laying an electric line around bottom of fence like the ones they use for cows. i dont think one strand would break the budget but who knows i have never used them.

i know they work , i touched one on the inside of my thigh while climbing over it to get my fishing plug.[i guess better the thigh]

ok i cant fish... bad cast roflmao

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Chris, you can't be telling people to 'shut their f-in mouths'. People are just concerned because it seems like you go through a lot of dogs.

I hope that this dog doesn't wind up hit by a car as well. It sounds like you are trying to make sure their living area is secure, that's a start. I know it must be difficult since it is against the law to tie them out. Does your AC really enforce this law?
Did you check the food threads about some choices that may be available in your area? Canidae is a good food, and not very expensive.

reddog
***WARNING1***
***WARNING1***

Postby reddog » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:25 pm

FBODGRL wrote:Here's an idea. Don't leave your dogs unattended in the yard! Then you don't have to worry about them getting out.

You were irresponsible with your last dog and it ended up dead. As many of us predicted in your threads before. You said you didn't have money to properly care for the first dog so when that dog is gone you get more! Dogs and other pets cost money end of story.

well dont have to worry about her, the B*&^% just bite my hand so i took her to AC, a few hours ago affter it happened, i refuse to have a dog thats going to bite me or anyone else, she just snaped at me for no reason.

Like i said before, i am gone from this site, some talked me into staying but i am gone this time for good. BYE everyone. thanks again RED for the collar and tie out ideas. AC inforces the tie thing if they see it, right now AC is out here alot cause of the boy who got bite. my black lab never runs off however.

hopefully the next pit wont either

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:30 pm

reddog wrote:
FBODGRL wrote:Here's an idea. Don't leave your dogs unattended in the yard! Then you don't have to worry about them getting out.

well dont have to worry about her, the B*&^% just bite my hand so i took her to AC, a few hours ago affter it happened, i refuse to have a dog thats going to bite me or anyone else, she just snaped at me for no reason.

Like i said before, i am gone from this site, some talked me into staying but i am gone this time for good. BYE everyone. thanks again RED for the collar and tie out ideas. AC inforces the tie thing if they see it, right now AC is out here alot cause of the boy who got bite. my black lab never runs off however.

"she just snapped at me for no reason"
Riiiiiiiiiiiight.............

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Do all dogs a favour and DON'T GET ANOTHER DOG!

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:37 pm

Murfins wrote:Do all dogs a favour and DON'T GET ANOTHER DOG!

X million

StarrLightning
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby StarrLightning » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:37 pm

reddog wrote:

Do THE DOGS a favor and take them to a rescue where they can be adopted by RESPONSIBLE owners. Chris, I know you are trying but you need to rehome these dogs and start doing your research and be FULLY prepared before you own another dog. It isn't fair to these dogs that they aren't being properly cared for. I know you were trying to be nice by taking this other pit in. But it's not fair to them that you take them in and try to care for them when you are obviously not ready to be an owner of a dog. Your first dog was killed. You've got one with an injured foot. And now you've got one that snapped at you for "no reason." So she's going to be PTS because she had an irresponsible owner that didn't know how to care for her properly.

I'm really beginning to think you CAN NOT be helped, and shouldn't own ANY animal PERIOD. It isn't fair to them. You are not financially able to give them the life they deserve. And your home is not ready to have an animal there either - if you were prepared. The dogs would be fixed, UTD on shots, wouldn't be able to escape the yard, etc. You have failed them as an owner. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before you own another dog use ALL of the advice given to you on here and be ready to own a dog - financially and otherwise.

Return to “Health Issues”