Nu-Stock

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Maybe too humid at night?

lipshipsattitude
Bully Ambassador

Postby lipshipsattitude » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 pm

You have to stir it really well, apply it thinly and rub it in a bit. Dont just goop it on, LOL.
Put it on him and then give him a bone to chew on while it dries and saks in.

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:31 pm

Well, it dryed up and turned to a powder. But, not all of it came off...its like stained yellow...

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Well, I'm sold!

I of course forgot to take "before" pictures, so the after wouldn't mean too much either. But Oscar had a couple of dings on his "wrist" area where the hair was literally shaved off after a fall. It burned the skin a little too, and after a few days (probably of him licking at it, too) there were small scabs in those spots (all were smaller than a dime)

Two weeks after the incident there were still scabs. I applied the Nu-Stock two weeks and one day out. We are now two weeks and four days out, and I just put a second application on. NO scabs, and hair is growing back pretty thick.

I'm putting it on his tail, too, where there isn't currently broken skin, but to see if it helps the hair come back. I do have a before picture of that, so I'll let you know if anything exciting happens there!

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 pm

I think I'm going to get some Nu-Stock for my rescue puppy. He is still recovering from generalized demodex, and there are some areas where the hair is still thin. Hopefully it will help!

One thing I find really funny: " Effective for fast relief of red mange on dogs. Also works on cuts, screw worm, ring worm, growths, ear mites, hot spots and most skin disorders."

Screw worm!! Which has been eradicated in the US for decades, thanks to the Screwworm eradication program. It is still of major concern, because if it were to come back, it would cause huge problems in livestock (and people!). So it's good to know that my dogs will be safe, thanks to Nu-stock. lol

Sorry if I'm the only one that finds this funny. I just finished an elective class in International Veterinary Medicine.

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 pm

So I finally picked up some today - and it came in tube! I don't even see that on their site, but it's definitely the same thing, from the same company. :dunno: Anyhow, we applied it to Cookie's poor foot (chronic lick granuloma, which was conquered once before, but then she had some stress, and there you go) and it doesn't really smell. I wrapped her foot with a non-stick pad because I didn't want her getting it everywhere, but I see from other entries that it will dry up so I will check it in a bit. We are very excited at the possibility of clearing this up!

Cookie doesn't like to have the wrap on, so she's lying quietly, which Chloe (avatar) finds very frustrating, lol!

I won't post any before pictures, because honestly, it's gross, but I will post with her progress. :)

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:37 pm

I just received the Nu-Stock that I bought for Ernies Happy Tail. He's had this tail wound for close to a year, on and off. Ironically, his wound finally healed right before we got the Nu-Stock, although we did try putting some on, to hopefully promote healing and hair growth. So, we'll have to wait for the next wound to really test it out.
lol

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Nu-Stock is my best friend. That is all. :)

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:47 am

Ok, wow. Overnight, Cookie's foot looks remarkably improved! The wound is about 80% closed with a healthier looking pink. She seems like she's feeling more relaxed, and isn't trying to bother it at all. :headbang:

Also, my husband read about it promoting hair growth and thought about putting some on his head! lol

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 am

Oh thats great to hear! :peace:

jdmeg6
Newborn Bully

Postby jdmeg6 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:28 pm

i just starting using nut stock two weeks ago seems to work great but dont really see much improvement in skin condition, shes loosing alot of hair and looks as if she has mange , how long does it usually take to see results with nustock if skin condition is servere?

you can get nustock here for 9.95 a bottle best deal i found
http://www.upco.com/nu-stock-12oz

Hammer 4
Newborn Bully

Postby Hammer 4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 pm

littleCloClo wrote:Ok, wow. Overnight, Cookie's foot looks remarkably improved! The wound is about 80% closed with a healthier looking pink. She seems like she's feeling more relaxed, and isn't trying to bother it at all. :headbang:

Also, my husband read about it promoting hair growth and thought about putting some on his head! lol

I think your hubby might think twice about trying it....to me nu stock Stinks... lol

Glad to hear Cookies foot is doin better.. :thumbsup:

NTBBC
Newborn Bully

Postby NTBBC » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Nu Stock is the best I have used that for a while.
Dogs will lick it once and never again, lol...
Stock up- you never know there could be an increase- since everything else goes up.

:thumbsup:

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:53 am

Monsta wrote:My dog licks it. It didnt dry up and turn into a powder. He threw up because he licked some of it. I let it sit over night and still didnt dry up.I hope hes not sick or anything....

Anyone else have a dog that licked it?

I'm on the fence about trying it only because if Veronica can reach it; she'll lick it. Just wondering what would/could happen.

rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby rednoseErnie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Ernie licks it. He doesn't like the taste but he licks it anyway. (My dog is special)

Return to “Health Issues”