PetSmart Animal Hospital Question

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:26 pm

There is a fairly new medication called Cerenia that is for motion sickness in dogs. You might want to ask a vet about it and try it out. If you can treat the motion sickness I'm sure Nehron would be a lot happier. Just think about how terrible you feel when you are carsick.

Brandy
Newborn Bully

Postby Brandy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Roxers wrote:There is a fairly new medication called Cerenia that is for motion sickness in dogs. You might want to ask a vet about it and try it out. If you can treat the motion sickness I'm sure Nehron would be a lot happier. Just think about how terrible you feel when you are carsick.

THank you Roxers!! I will ask our vet about it!! We had tried others including "Calmative", and they didn't work. So we just don't take him on unnecessary car rides, and definitely not long ones. Anything more then 4 miles is to long for him. If you could only see him. Poor boy would look so terrible. :sad:
Sorry, I've never been carsick, airplane sick, or boat sick. I can only invision the barfing part, and that is a miserable feeling.

Bulldaddy
Matured Bully

Postby Bulldaddy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Kingsgurl wrote:The one where I am does 3 year vaccines. I don't find that excessive. I will say this, they are a chain (and, BTW, NOT owned by PetSmart) so they can have a variation in the vets available at locations near you. I am lucky, since the Banfield in the PetSmart I work at has a Banfield that is actually franchise owned by one of the best vets I've met. I've also seen some pretty poor vets at other locations and some good vets at even others. SO, I suggest you (as you would in choosing ANY vet) talk to the vet and the staff and see how you like them.
I had Martin's surgery done at a Banfield location (they had a board certified Ortho Surgeon come in) and I couldn't have been happier with the care, the level of expertise, follow up (and results!)
The Wellness plan IS one hell of a deal.

I have the wellness plan for Rockie and Minnie at the Banfield inside where Kingsgurl works.

Dr Perty is awesome. Rockie is headed there tomorrow for a couch.

Rockie and Minnie both had the puppy package .... Rockie has been updraded to the Basic Adult plan. Wouldnt have done it if I didnt feel highly for them...

I actually can trust the advice they give.... when I was looking for a thermometer for Minnie there was one at PetSmart for like 50 dollars , it was the ear kind...... Vet roccemnded and approved plastered all over the front..... I took it to the banfield counter and asked them if they thought I should buy it ....... Straight up they said .... No.... Ear thermometers arent very accurate ... goto Longs and buy a regular therm for 8 dollars.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 am

You better come in the Hotel and say Hi!

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:27 am

I worked at a Banfield for a summer... they're not bad but their policy generally does run to WAY too many vaccines. Vets can decide not to and many do go to a more reasonable schedule, but the company overall is slanted to too many.

You do have to judge each Banfield on its own merits because they are all different.

Banfield as a whole is very slanted towards wellness care. That's great in some ways, but for sick pets they're not always the best. Of course, each one is a little different like everyone has been saying.

The wellness plans can be a good deal or not depending on the details. Some of the plans cover all the excessive vaccines that Banfield corporate tries to push, so if your vet doesn't do those you may not be saving as much money as their brochure says you are. All the same, those free office visits add up FAST especially if you're the type who likes to bring your pets in to get little things checked on early before they become bigger problems, which is great.

*rant totally unrelated to being a pet owner going to BF*
OMG I hate their computer records system. Makes me want to pull my hair out!

mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby mydogroxy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

it seems like it might definitely save you money. entirely too much vaccination though IMO.

Return to “Health Issues”