My dog Chico has not ate in 2 days

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Doggiehotel
Newborn Bully

How about this

Postby Doggiehotel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Hello - Ask your vet if you can give chico Pedyalite-You can buy this in the Children's diaper isle of the supermarket.
This is electrolytes give by syringe.... You can get plain or flavored. Your vet may not want you to get the flavored because of the sugar.

Many times when a dog can't keep down food we do pedyalite for 24 hrs. 5-15 cc every 2 hours.... or as tollerated.

BEST wishes

Marie Of Doggie Chalet

Chico
Newborn Bully

Postby Chico » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:30 pm

I took Chico back to the vet and he said he is not dehydrated but but put him on a IV to get some fluids in him and gave him two more shots one for vomitting and the other was a antibiotic, he also suggested frezzing some Pedyalite and giving him a few cubes to lick on but I bought flavored and he dosent seem to like it . Last night I gave him 2 ounces of water and he drank that but stood at his bowl like he wanted more so I gave him another 2 ounces but he couldnt hold it down so I have just been giving him ice chips and he is doing fine with those. I am a little reluctant to try food he threw up this morning when my mom gave him a little to much water but he dosent seem interested in food anyway just the ice chips. Thanks for all the suggestions

ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ssontag » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

I know someone else already suggested it, but it worked great for my dogs. Wait 24 hours, then give chicken and plain white rice. The only thing my dogs would eat under similar circumstances and they were able to hold it down. Only feed a little at a time. Hope he's feelin better soon.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:57 pm

When mine are vomiting we fast for 24 hours and then feed white rice and broiled chicken in small amounts for a few days - it always seems to do the trick here.

Brandy
Newborn Bully

Postby Brandy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Any updates on Chico?

Chico
Newborn Bully

Postby Chico » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Chico is doing just fine now! He has made progress every day since Monday and is now running around the house like he was before he got sick but he just gets tired easy. Before he got sick I would take him for a walk for about an hour, when should we start his walking again? and should we ease into it building up to a hour gradually?

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Is Chico still small like the pic in your avatar?

If he is, then an hour of walking is too much and can/will damage his little joints/skeleton.

Puppies aren't like older dogs - they don't go out on long territory walks - they stay close to the den until they're older (Speaking as if they were in the wild)

It's not good for their bodies - maybe someone here can pipe in and tell you the right age/amount of exercise - I can't remember the specifics :)

Chico
Newborn Bully

Postby Chico » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:24 pm

He is 14 months old

Return to “Health Issues”