Neuter Appt!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
KristenD
Adolescent Bully

Neuter Appt!

Postby KristenD » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm so ridiculously excited that I got Sabot a neuter appt in 3 weeks! He'll be 17 months old by then and if it were up to me we would have done it much sooner. It's been an ongoing battle between my husand and I since we got him and apparently since I decided we won't be breeding him that means DH gets to decide if he gets neutered. Yeah, I don't get it either. :insert eye roll: Especially since he has no real reason. Anyway, I called the Houston Humane Society today about their offer of free spay/neuter for pits. They're still offering it and I got a date and time to bring him in! The catch is that DH doesn't know about it yet. I haven't decided when I'll let him know, but I'm sure he'll be upset about it. Oh well! :twisted: I'm really excited right now, but I'm sure as it gets closer to the date I'll get more nervous.

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:32 pm

I was in the same boat. Duke was approaching a year old and I wanted to get him neutered. Hubby was against it and threw a hissy fit. He had no good reasons at all NOT to get it done, so I made the appointment anyway. I told him about the appointment and he got really pissed. I said "You know what? When you're ready to man the hell up and be a responsible pet owner, then you can call my phone and I'll come home. Until then, MY dog and I are leaving." He called not 10 mins later and said he was sorry and he was wrong.

He was worried that Duke wouldn't mature right, or would end up being a wussy dog (which he already is anyway), and that he would miss his balls. HA!

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Congratulations! At least someone in your household is responsible enough to do what's right! (I would have said "man enough" but I don't want to insult your womanly practicality!)

KristenD
Adolescent Bully

Postby KristenD » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:47 pm

L Boogie, I'm glad I'm not the only that has/had this problem. It really irritates me because if it were a female getting spayed he wouldn't care at all. Gah! Let me stop before I even get started. haha

Thanks, ZiggysMom. Someone has to be responsible and it certianly isn't the 23 y/o going on 12. lol

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Good for you! Sabot won't miss them at all - none of mine did. ;) :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”