smelly pee

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
dougs85
Matured Bully

smelly pee

Postby dougs85 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 am

does any of ur dogs have smelly pee mia has the worst is smells of fish do bad its unbearable, do u think there is something i can give her for it at all or as any1 else experienced anything like this?

dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby dougs85 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:56 am

the heading is supposed to be smell pee lol, any1 any info on this please????

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 am

Concentrtated urine has a strong odor to it. Is she getting adequate fluids every day? Also, is she spayed? Could the odor be from drainage elsewhere? I also wonder about anal glands.

dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby dougs85 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 am

she is geting 2 full bowls per day 1 with breakfast 1 with her dinner, she is not spayed at the moment, she had surgery for ectopic euroter and has been on proplain fur the past 2 weeks she is to be on it for 6 weeks. its defo her pee its so strong its unbearable, she has been drinking the full bowl of water when its been put down with her food in the one go. u think i should start giving her more water?

Amie

Postby Amie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:47 am

If she's on meds that might explain it, but yes, give her free access to water. If she finishes one bowl, pour more in, so that she walks away with water still in the bowl (it's not clear if you're doing that already)

Not seeing what size bowls you're using it's tough to judge the quantity of water she's already getting.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 am

You should never limit water intake. Dogs should always have free access to water.

damienApbt

Postby damienApbt » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:31 am

she may be expressing her anal glands while she pees. Hopefully this is happening outside?

pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby pjrocco » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:52 am

When my males pee started to stink horrible we took him in. We found he has a UTI... According to the doctor one of the first signs of a UTI is smelly and darker pee.

dougs85
Matured Bully

Postby dougs85 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 am

due to her being incontinent i cant give her all the water she wants i wake up in the morning and she basicly is lying ina pool of her own urine if she has free access to water all the time. her bowl for her water is quite large i have the same for my older boy snoop and i fill it right up to the top when she gets it with her meals.when i take her out she will do 1 large pee and then is squatting every 5 mins and only a few dribbles come out, and she is still dribbling in the house without knowing it. she has been on proplain for 3 weeks an the vets say that it takes a month to kick in. Because she hasnt used the muscle in her back end before in her life it may take an extra couple of weeks but the vet said that he is 80% sure she will regain full control of the muscle.

Return to “Health Issues”