Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby zifosgirl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Roaches Feed and Seed- Garland TX (DFW area)

They sell premium dog foods. I buy Nutra there, and they have a good selection of toys and other dogs products. They also have stuff for other animals (horses, rabbits, cats, etc)
zifosgirl
Newborn Bully

Postby makedonce78 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:46 pm

snoopsnoop wrote:
FBODGRL wrote:
concreterose wrote:
docdeath wrote:K-9 Supplies on 13@1/2 and mound road in warren carries all the top brands of food, supplies, toys and anything you need, also it is a mom and pop buisness, lowest prices i found... :headbang: :peace:

I LOVE that store!!!

Hey guys...there is also a store at the southwest corner of 13/mound. It is called MPS pet supply. I have found Khan's food there even cheaper than K-9. Although K-9 rocks for treats, bones and bully sticks.

MPS Rocks. Been there a couple times. They carry the NV raw premix. For some stuff K9 is cheaper. Like Canidae.

But there's a store in Birmingham that's also really awesome. Napier Kennel. They carry TW for an awesome price and they have the best price on EVO I have yet to find. The last time I was at K9 they didn't have EVO. Napier Kennel staff are really knowledgable and extremely helpful.

I went there today, to Napiers Kennel and they have some nice stuff. Picked out nice lead for Vuk, a TW and I saw thatthey carry Instinct too!!!! Wooo hooooo!

Also, the Classic Pet Supply at 12 mile and Schoener is an OK store. They have at least a good selection of Wellness and Merrick foods.
makedonce78
Newborn Bully

Postby NEWYORKNORA » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:24 pm

District Dog in Brooklyn, NY

www.districtdog.com (page will be up soon).

.Two of my friends opened this organic pet boutique and spa and I am there during the week. So it's only 3 people running this business and it's good that way. We know all customers and dogs by name, make special orders and deliver.We have been open since June,07.
.We carry Solid Gold, Merrick, Wellness, California Natural, Wysong, Innova and Innova EVO, Eagle Pack. We also Carry raw frozen bones and Primal and Stella & Chewy's raw food.
.A lady makes homecooked meals for dogs and sells them to us. Scooter food. www.scooterfood.com.
.We have people making dog toys etc. Most of the stuff we carry in our little local store (besides the food) is from local people who make dog toys etc. We like to feature our local community.
.Besides food and toys we have also great elevated feeders, harnesses, collars and leads, dog beds, shampoos, toothbrushes, brushes etc etc

.We even have a dog bakery that's 100% human grade... if you ever get hungry :)

.and if we don't carry what your dog eats, we will do our best to order it for you!.
NEWYORKNORA
Matured Bully

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Global Pet Foods in Meadowvale/Mississauga ON. Near the LCBO/CDN Tire at the Meadowvale Town Center.

Just opened a few months ago (I just found them last night) and carry lots of top brands, Natures Variety, Orijen, GO! etc.

Please support them as they are very health/natural focused.
Flex
Newborn Bully

Tacoma area, Tacoma WA

Postby MikeInTacoma » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:37 am

Next to Nature http://next-to-nature.com/, a small Seattle-area chain...
Used to be downtown on Pacific Ave., but they moved up the hill a few blocks:
1624 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98402 (phone 253-779-8141)
The new location has much better parking, and it's on the #3 bus route.
They carry more brands of premium dry and canned food than I can remember -- Innova, I think Timberwolf Organics, Merrick, Eagle something or other, among others. They also have a selection of treats, bones, bully sticks, and toys. Also collars, harnesses, leashes, muzzles, clickers, etc. Pitbull friendly -- Rufus and Rocco always get treated; they always ask if it's ok first... They keep on their counter a binder of dogs needing adoption (depressingly full of beautiful Pits). Their prices generally seem pretty decent to me.

Dave's Meats and Produce
1312 N. I St., Tacoma, WA -- right at the bend where N. I becomes N. 21st (phone 253-280-9999)
They stock bones / raw meaty bones for raw feeders, from organically raised beef from Oregon. Also they have various kinds of frozen fowl, and I think he said he gets rabbits... They have a "dog picture of the month" contest, submit a pic of your dog (maybe eating a bone?) for a chance to win bones for a month.

Dog Daze Natural Pet http://www.dogdazenaturalpet.com/
116 S Meridian Suite A, Puyallup, WA 98371 (phone 253-445-DOGS)
"Dog Daze Natural Pet Market is dedicated to providing natural foods, treats and supplements for dogs, cats and small animals..." The owner is pretty involved in pet rescue, iirc; she has some "Helen Keller" dogs (blind and deaf), and gave us good advice for Rocco (who is deaf). They have leashes, toys, bully sticks, treats, and of course various kinds of food.
MikeInTacoma
Regulator

Postby pjrocco » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:10 pm

pjrocco
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby TangoJr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 pm

Rockport, TX
Moore Than Feed
Great selection of food - Merrick, Wellness, Nutro, Chicken Soup, Royal Canin... etc
Tons of treats, leashes, collars, harnesses, toys, Kongs etc...
Pet shop including well-kept ferrets, chins, small rodents, birds, snakes, fish, lizards... etc
Tons of great natural treats and human foods. Nice crates.....
Awesome family-run feed store/pet shop.
TangoJr
Matured Bully

Postby stay true » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:42 am

NY - LONG ISLAND

I am a Manager at Just Four Paws in Glen Cove. We sell BARF diets that come from Natures Variety and from a local butcher. It's a boutique, selling lots of clothing, waterproof raincoats, wetsuits, booties, TOYS. We also sell Wellness Canned/Dry, Wysong Canned/Dry, Innova Canned/Dry, California Natural Canned/Dry, Dr. Harvey's, Honest Kitchen, Spot's Stew Canned, Natures Variety Canned/Dry, Canidae Canned/Dry, Chicken Soup For The Soul Dry, Merrick Canned, Karma Dry, Solid Gold Dry, Abady Canned. Anything we have canned/dry that we don't have in it's other form we can and will get for you. We also sell raw marrow bones, and treats from Wellness, Buddy Biscuits, Merrick, N-Bone, Stella and Chewy's, California Natural, Innova, Pro-Treat Freeze Dried, Nature's Variety Freeze Dried, Good Dog Treats, Dogswell Treats, Real Meat, Solid Gold, and we have free-range bully stix, flossies, pig/lamb ears/hooves. We also carry supplements from Nupro, Animal Essentials, Halo, Ark Naturals, Prozyme, Missing Link, Solid Gold, Nature's Miracle, leashes/collars, Kongs, Hypoallergenic Shampoo's/Conditioners, Beds, Carriers, Car Mats and a WIDE variety of cat products.

Around here there is also Pet Pantry (Roslyn, I think) and there is a store in Port Washington, and on Glen Cove Road there is a store called K-9 Express but we're better than them :]
stay true

Postby falldeepintoxen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:56 pm

The Dog Spot- It's in Georgetown, and offers dog walking(I used to be a dog walker there), grooming, a self bathing station, pre-made raw food diets, awesome kibbles(Canidae, Innova, Merrick, etc.), all natural/organic treats(the owner even bakes some of them every week) and loads of other awesome stuff. The owner also does training...she is very, very good. :thumbsup: Refreshingly chill people in the middle of Georgetown's craziness.

Big Bad Woof!- In Takoma Park, MD(about a block away from the Takoma metro station), they have a lot of eco friendly stuff like collars, leashes, toys, etc.. Raw food diets, treats...they even have super eclectic stuff like kangaroo tail. The people who work there are super knowledgeable, very laid back, and very friendly.
falldeepintoxen

Postby tigger » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Total Pet Care
Broadway Ave.
Holbrook, NY

If you want a premium, they have it.

Unfortunately, I have to run to Petco for Ferret food. But for dog or cat, I go to Total Pet Care. Their prices are competitive.

As a note, Petco is slowly phasing out animals and will be going back to primarily being a feed store.
tigger
Newborn Bully

Postby Luetya » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:08 pm

Anniston, AL

G.J.'s Pet Chateau is a great mom and pop joint. They used to special order Canidae for me but with gas prices their dealer has upped the minimum order to $500 and they can't handle it. Really they're dumping their food section, say's it ties up the money to much. But they are extremely pit friendly and encourage bringing your dog for socialization. The owner breeds German Shepherds and compete's in Shutzund. Every Saturday they get a few dogs from the local pound to try and help with adoption.

Picket's Feed and Pet Supply carries the best food around. No Timberwolf or Natures Variety but they do have Taste of the Wild, which I am in the process of switching Clyde to.
Luetya
Super Bully

Fayetteville NC

Postby kaliya5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am

Fayetteville, NC:

All About Pets (off Owen on Boone Trail Ext.): It's the only place in town I've found that has decent brands. They have Innova, Canidae, Evo, NV, Wellness, etc. They even have a decent selection of cat foods too. No Orijen though, which I want to experiment with sometime.
kaliya5
Super Bully

Postby bluestark » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm

Hey yall! Well in alabama. In my county. We have petsmart, this is a little high priced but they have everything u need.
Next would be the farmers coop, they have feed, and good mixtures for the lawns to kill fleas and ticks.
My absolute favorite would be pickett's.
To me and the dogs picketts have everything. They have bathtubs to wash ur dogs, they have shots and food at very affordable prices. Picketts staff are good country people who love animals. Sometimes they have rescued animals and trying to find good homes for them. The staff loves my bullies and they appreciate how well behaved they are.
bluestark
BANNED

Postby sid the muss » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 am

in santa cruz, ca Pet Pals (www.westcoastpetsupply.com) great selection of natural foods and great prices
sid the muss
Newborn Bully

Postby sneakysnook » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:45 pm

The Dog's Meow in Lutz,FL. They have all natural dog treats and they also have the tropiclean dog shampoo. And the most important thing is that they are very pit bull friendly.
sneakysnook
Newborn Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues