Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:33 pm

in port jervis we don't really have any local pet stores except for ones that sell puppy mill puppies, so we don't like or support them. we have to travel like half an hour to get to redbarn, petsmart, or petco. :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby heather » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:31 pm

pets supplies plus. they adopt out cats and have dog adoption, but they do sell exotic birds and i am not much for that. they have a huge selection of everything and unique things. they also are like 5-10 dollars below the local store for everything. the dog crate i bought locally was 249 and at PSP it is 97. the EXACT CRATE. i understand big companies can afford to sell low but 249 is way above the suggested retail.
Canidae is 32 for 40pounds too.
heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullforever » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:59 pm

heather wrote:pets supplies plus. they adopt out cats and have dog adoption, but they do sell exotic birds and i am not much for that. they have a huge selection of everything and unique things. they also are like 5-10 dollars below the local store for everything. the <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=dog%20crate" onmouseover="window.status='dog crate'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dog crate</a> i bought locally was 249 and at PSP it is 97. the EXACT CRATE. i understand big companies can afford to sell low but 249 is way above the suggested retail.
Canidae is 32 for 40pounds too.

we don't have one of those around here so i've never been to one but i get their catalog in the mail sometimes. they do have some nice stuff. i also really like fosters and smith and jiffers pets catalogs. they are great :) (jiffers has a lot of pit bull pictures in it modleing the stuff) :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

GREAT foods!

Postby DynaMomma » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:46 am

All the Best - kirkland wa.
DynaMomma

Postby b18bcivic » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:25 pm

Pet Supplies Plus-Oak Lawn IL & Berywn IL
They carry Wellness,Candiae,etc....
b18bcivic

Postby mthegodfather » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:38 am

I usually buy from Tractor Supply or Petco. I am currently looking for somewhere else. Oh and by the way im in Memphis TN
mthegodfather

AZ

Postby sarcazmo » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:37 pm

SuperNova wrote:Know of any stores like that in the Mesa/Phoenix area ?? I only found one ..

www.gooberexpress.com is a delivery service that carries most premium foods amongst other goodies. They have great prices, and I'm trying to see if they'll start carrying Timberwolf food.

Also, Pet Food Depot has Innova, Wellness, Nature's Variety etc...

Pet Food Depot
17645 N Cave Creek Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 493-7639
sarcazmo

Postby MerrickAPBTBuster » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:42 pm

Noone from/around Houston knows of any good pet stores? I'm in Pasadena, I shop @ Petco and feed my dogs Natural Balance.
MerrickAPBTBuster

Postby voodoopitbull » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Fetch (www.fetchdogtreats.com) in Augusta, GA and the ol' faithful...Petsmart.
voodoopitbull

pet supplies plus

Postby MotherofAtlas » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:22 pm

I know this is cheating, but i work at pet supplies plus in MI, and our store is a franchise. we do not sell animals of any kind, and we do hold adoptions of both cats and dogs from local rescues. we have been carrying many premium foods and over the past year we have gotten wysong, canidae, all the solid gold varieties, royal canin, newmans own, and many many more. It is the friendlist work envirnment I have ever seen, and we love all of our customers. I was shopping at petco but they charge like anywhere between 4 and 10 dollars more for their products. Pet supplies plus...whoo hoo.
MotherofAtlas

Postby Kerosene » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:19 am

Marysville MI - Classic Pets. Carry good kibble and decent prices. Nutro - 20lb - $15.00, Canidae - 20lb - $18.99

About 3 miles from my house. Nice people in there too and they love Esther!
Kerosene

Postby michael » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:36 am

Aaron Kohn, my thoughts exactly. I also avoid chains when possible, and possible is just about always. I look at big chain businesses as invaders to a community, and small independent businesses as the only place i should be putting any dollars. Support the local, support your local! Now thanks to this website, I see where I can pick up doggie things in independent MD shops.
michael

Re: pet supplies plus

Postby nessa » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:41 am

MotherofAtlas wrote:I know this is cheating, but i work at pet supplies plus in MI, and our store is a franchise. we do not sell animals of any kind, and we do hold adoptions of both cats and dogs from local rescues. we have been carrying many premium foods and over the past year we have gotten wysong, canidae, all the solid gold varieties, royal canin, newmans own, and many many more. It is the friendlist work envirnment I have ever seen, and we love all of our customers. I was shopping at petco but they charge like anywhere between 4 and 10 dollars more for their products. Pet supplies plus...whoo hoo.

I have to say, I like this store as well. They are the only place in the metropolis that sells Canidae right now. Their selection of cute pet christmas wear was truely staggering.
While my favorite is still Canine Commisary, PSP is my other choice.
nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby iLUVmySH » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:56 pm

anyone know of any good places in davis? davis being a pretty well known vet school, it's ironic cuz all i've seen is the petco down the street
iLUVmySH

Postby Jp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:22 pm

The Big Bag is a great pet store in London, ON. A locally small business and it is very pitbull friendly! It carries some top notch food such as canidae, eagle pack, first mate, etc. Great stuff and they are super helpful!!
Jp
Bully Ambassador

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues