TICKS TICKS TICKS AND MORE TICKS

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

TICKS TICKS TICKS AND MORE TICKS

Postby crazy4pits » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:18 am

I did not know where to put this. But what can we treat the yard with.

The pups have k9 advantix on the way. But the yard is being taken over by ticks. NOT JOKING HERE. My husband only walked out and had two crawling up his shoes. The kids can't even go play in the yard cause they come in with ticks on them.

What we have tried for treatment DID NOT WORK! So any and all ideas are welcome.

I have seen so many ticks that I now sit here and think I have something crawling on me..... :crybaby:

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:10 am

Ugh. I hate that crawling feeling. We had an ant problem for a while here, and I was always having phantom crawlies.

Have you tried some kind of yard spray? The kind you look up to your hose? Also maybe some of that diatomaceous earth for the perimeter? I really don't know. Lonney pulled a tick off Loki today, so we'll probably be addressing this issue soon enough.

Subliminal
Adolescent Bully

Postby Subliminal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:32 am

I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the lower you cut the grass, the less problems you'll have with ticks. They seem to really like the taller grass. I think they get up as high as they can and wait for action.

Our area is REALLY bad with ticks. I check myself everyday when I take a shower. Frontline and a well clipped yard have helped immensely, though...

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am

Subliminal wrote:I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the lower you cut the grass, the less problems you'll have with ticks. They seem to really like the taller grass. I think they get up as high as they can and wait for action.

Our area is REALLY bad with ticks. I check myself everyday when I take a shower. Frontline and a well clipped yard have helped immensely, though...

Great post!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:56 am

this year the ticks are the worst. the k9 advantix doesnt seem to be working that much, and the dry weather isnt helping either.. keep your lawn as short as possible, i dont knw if Diamatous earth kills ticks, but if it does put it in your lawn.. we keep our grass super short and wet, as the ticks dont like water for some reason.

Gracie
Newborn Bully

Postby Gracie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:19 pm

my dogs use k9 advantix and i just found 1 tick on gracie last night. i wonder if k9 advantix work any good.

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:Ugh. I hate that crawling feeling. We had an ant problem for a while here, and I was always having phantom crawlies.

Have you tried some kind of yard spray? The kind you look up to your hose? Also maybe some of that diatomaceous earth for the perimeter? I really don't know. Lonney pulled a tick off Loki today, so we'll probably be addressing this issue soon enough.

The poor man has sprayed the yard a couple of times now. I just yelled at him to cut the grass shorter. I told him that the other day....

It is driving me nuts.

Return to “Health Issues”