Ear crop tomorrow morning!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Ear crop tomorrow morning!!

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 2:51 pm

this is a pro cropped ears post, looking for advice for care (even though the vet provides details, wanted to ask the forum their stories.

Hey all!

Tomorrow morning 10 am my baby goes in to have her ears cropped. I think it looks soooo beautiful and I'm very excited.

I've received a lot of feedback from people when they ask me if I will get her ears cropped. It ranges from

its cruel & barbaric
    makes the pit look mean
    too expensive

Please share your after cropping stories. Gotcha's and what to look for, please :D

Thanks in advance!

:peace: [/list]

sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 3:12 pm

wow how my little girl has GROWN!!!

6 weeks:

On 04/13/08

falldeepintoxen

Postby falldeepintoxen » Sun May 04, 2008 3:16 pm

I think it looks good if done right(not a fan of the shorter crops at all.)

A friend I had in Albany had a male who's ears were done as a puppy, and they had to tape them to stand correctly, and constantly monitor how they were doing. So...they sound like a lot of work lol

Wesley
Adolescent Bully

Postby Wesley » Sun May 04, 2008 4:45 pm

This is off topic but I wanted to say... Good lookin dog! Puppies are so much fun.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sun May 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Have you seen the vets portfolio? How comfortable did he make you feel during your consult (as in, did he ask you questions about what you wanted and give you advice on how that particular crop was likely to look on your particular pup?)

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun May 04, 2008 10:10 pm

I hope she heals quickly and has no complications.

sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Kingsgurl wrote:Have you seen the vets portfolio? How comfortable did he make you feel during your consult (as in, did he ask you questions about what you wanted and give you advice on how that particular crop was likely to look on your particular pup?)

Well, the vet always makes me feel comfy; I've been going to him for nearly 10 years now and they vet doing the surgery has been in business at the same place since 1975. The vet clinic is one of the best in the area (knoxville tn)- they work hand in hand with University of Tennessee, which I think is awesome :D

I gave examples of what I would like the ears to look like and from the way she holds them plus the cartilage he showed me a few style to pick from.

Outstanding guy, I would trust him to work on me :D

Thanks for the questions!! :peace:

sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Wesley wrote:This is off topic but I wanted to say... Good lookin dog! Puppies are so much fun.

thank you :D I enjoy my baby

sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Deniselynn wrote:I hope she heals quickly and has no complications.

me too. Im hoping all goes great. Im getting kinda nervous about it. I just put her in bed, kissed her ears :crybaby: and let her get a drink of water/piece of food (last call!) before the midnight cut off.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun May 04, 2008 10:16 pm

BTW, just a helpful tip. Don't post pics of her crop until they are completely healed. We have had a few people post pictures after surgery and it looks horrible. ;)

sparkplug
Newborn Bully

Postby sparkplug » Sun May 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Deniselynn wrote:BTW, just a helpful tip. Don't post pics of her crop until they are completely healed. We have had a few people post pictures after surgery and it looks horrible. ;)

heheh no problems there!

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Sun May 04, 2008 11:49 pm

sparkplug wrote:
Deniselynn wrote:BTW, just a helpful tip. Don't post pics of her crop until they are completely healed. We have had a few people post pictures after surgery and it looks horrible. ;)

heheh no problems there!

Thank You!!! Seeing fresh crop pix makes me a little sad. I think its the dried blood on a puppy that bugs me. I hope everything goes well and she not in pain.

pumpkinpitbull
Newborn Bully

Postby pumpkinpitbull » Mon May 05, 2008 7:45 am

Well lets see, it hurts the dog, can't communicate with other canines as well. You like it....yea, pretty selfish huh??

u-turn
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby u-turn » Mon May 05, 2008 8:39 am

sparkplug wrote:
Kingsgurl wrote:Have you seen the vets portfolio? How comfortable did he make you feel during your consult (as in, did he ask you questions about what you wanted and give you advice on how that particular crop was likely to look on your particular pup?)

Well, the vet always makes me feel comfy; I've been going to him for nearly 10 years now and they vet doing the surgery has been in business at the same place since 1975. The vet clinic is one of the best in the area (knoxville tn)- they work hand in hand with University of Tennessee, which I think is awesome :D

I gave examples of what I would like the ears to look like and from the way she holds them plus the cartilage he showed me a few style to pick from.

Outstanding guy, I would trust him to work on me :D

Thanks for the questions!! :peace:

sorry just wondering what vet you are using i have had a couple diffrent vets her crop my dogs.

maximusflys
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby maximusflys » Mon May 05, 2008 9:10 am

pumpkinpitbull wrote:Well lets see, it hurts the dog, can't communicate with other canines as well. You like it....yea, pretty selfish huh??

Get over yourself :bully:

Return to “Health Issues”