Sick and wont eat

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Sick and wont eat

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 5:45 pm

Epic is 12weeks and he will not eat anything. He keeps hurling up yellowstuff and foam. He wont touch anything that I try to feed him, Soft can food, soaked puppy food,Skirt steak. He turns his nose up to everything tho he is drinking lightly. Im taking him to the vet friday but want to get an idea of what it could be before I go.

jlphilli
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby jlphilli » Wed May 07, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear your pup is sick! You may need to take him to the vet sooner if he isn't eating or drinking and vomiting frequently...he could be VERY dehydrated and need replacement fluids asap.

Not sure what the cause is....has the puppy been vaccinated for anything yet?

MsPsychotic
Matured Bully

Postby MsPsychotic » Wed May 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Lightly drinking.. vomiting.. yellow stuff and foam. My first thought is blockage. I'd call the vet back and see about getting him in sooner.

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:59 pm

MsPsychotic wrote:Lightly drinking.. vomiting.. yellow stuff and foam. My first thought is blockage. I'd call the vet back and see about getting him in sooner.

I second this...it sounds similar to a blockage, which is a very urgent situation. Has he been pooping normally?

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 7:11 pm

I havent even had Epic for more then 18hours. He was simply dumped in my lap yesterday. Last night he was a ball of energy and today he would even play. He has had two ewies, Both watery.

I called my vet and the soonest they can get me in is Friday at 11am or Saturday at 7am. Its a new vet so I have to go threw alot of BS because of the Vet Medical card we use to make payments with. His now turning his nose up at water. His gums are pink, His about 6pounds give or take an oz. After closer look I would say his more around 9 weekish instead of the 12. His setting at my feet atm trying to get attention by licking my toes. I did get him to take a widdle bite of cottage cheese and rice that I was eating about an hour ago.

elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby elegy » Wed May 07, 2008 7:31 pm

this pup CANNOT wait until friday.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm

It is probably either parvo or a blockage. If you can get him in tonight, do it.

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Wed May 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Doesn't matter if they can't get you in until Friday. This is emergency vet kind of stuff. Go now, and get a parvo test first thing. In fact, the clinic will really appreciate it if you don't even bring the pup into their waiting room-- just go in and tell them your pups age and symptoms so they can let you know what their protocol is for keeping the waiting room clean and parvo-free. Some places have a special exam room for potentially contagious diseases, or they might want to do the parvo test in the car before he comes in so if he's positive they know before he's tracked it all over the place.

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

All vets withen 3 hours close at 6PM closes ER vet is nearly 6 hours away. Not making escuses beleive me I am worried but at this time I am home alone with no car and I live 52 miles from the nearest town and its poor down outside and we have atorado watch.. ATM I am in our bombShealther with my laptop.lol And only three vets withen Oklahoma will take our card so it HAS to be with this one vet. I am trying to urge my husband into taking him to the vet tomorrow with out an appiontment while I am at work. I even wrote down a list with all his illments and what info I know and the breeder that he was sold from.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:57 pm

:sad: It's too bad there's no way for you to get him there sooner, it sounds like he really needs it.

Keep us updated.

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 8:28 pm

His drinking water now.

His vomited three times today

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed May 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Don't let him drink a lot of water.
Give it to him slowly/small amts. with a syringe. If he starts puking up he'll continue...
Did you read the links I posted in case it IS parvo??

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 9:04 pm

msvette2u wrote:Don't let him drink a lot of water.
Give it to him slowly/small amts. with a syringe. If he starts puking up he'll continue...
Did you read the links I posted in case it IS parvo??
Yea I did read it. I have him in a room to himself atm in a cage. When I checked on him last there was a pile of vomit COVERED in WORMS.

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 07, 2008 9:08 pm

They are long and i dont know how to say it.. about ever half a cm the worm looks to be cut off from the rest of the body but it is whole.

Tapeworms?

Return to “Health Issues”