Parvo, The Harsh Diet of the doggie World!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Parvo, The Harsh Diet of the doggie World!

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Mon May 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Well we wont be able to bring our big man home until tomorrow morning but I wanted to share some photos I took of him. As you can see since getting parvo his lost ALOT of weight considering he was huge and had alot of trouble running before.lol Talk about a harsh diet!

We just went to the store and picked up alot of raw meats , veggies and yogort for our baby boy. Gotta start slowly but we plan on getting some weight back on him. The photos dont show you the real detail of how bad he is.

Amie

Postby Amie » Mon May 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Oh, the sagging skin is horrifying!

I don't think he needs much more weight on him, but wow, what an ordeal. Poor guy - thanks for taking such good care of him!

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Mon May 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Amie wrote:Oh, the sagging skin is horrifying!

I don't think he needs much more weight on him, but wow, what an ordeal. Poor guy - thanks for taking such good care of him!
It really is. Sad to say I was sicken at the sight of him when we saw him on Wen's. From Monday-Wensday was when he lost all his body weight. His now weighting in at 29pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From 58-29pounds its crazy! Our 1yo female whos very lean and gamey(all muscle's tho) weights only 32pounds. Sad when our girl who is alot smaller in height then him out weights him . Hell at 10 weeks he was already 20pounds, Thanks to his breeding his always been big boned and now it shows.

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Mon May 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Aww, poor Bruiser. But he is lucky that weight is all he lost. He can gain that back, what a champ to pull through :thumbsup:

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon May 19, 2008 8:08 pm

awww that poor baby, but you will get some weight on him in no time! :thumbsup:
Please give him some hugs and kisss from us here in Md.

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Mon May 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks everyone. Poor baby Atleast he made it! With my new job ill be spending all my time at home and can buy all the treats in the world that he wants!

Pretty Pittie Paws
Newborn Bully

Postby Pretty Pittie Paws » Tue May 20, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm so happy to hear he is ok! I have a PARVO survior too there is a bunch of us i made a thread of them in the gallery! The weight should come back on in no time

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 pm

When Piper lost a ton of weight due to surgery, we gave him NutriCal supplements. It seemed to help him put the weight back on.
It is the flavored gel stuff. He LOVED it too.

Jorsher
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Jorsher » Wed May 21, 2008 9:12 am

To the people who's dogs got parvo, were they vaccinated?

I'm just curious if it's possible to get it after vaccinations.

Good to see he made it though, and I'm sure he's looking forward to having some big feasts when he gets home!

OkieDaLaPitMoma
Matured Bully

Postby OkieDaLaPitMoma » Wed May 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Oh yea he was so happy to be home last night when I brought out his steak dinner. lol He woke me up this morning slobbing on my face wanting his normal goodies. He drop'd even MORE weight since I took thos photos. I mean he looks like he should be dead with the amount of weight on him. You can put your hands AROUND lower belly.O_O

Return to “Health Issues”