Wont eat in the Am anymore????

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Pugmom
Matured Bully

Wont eat in the Am anymore????

Postby Pugmom » Thu May 22, 2008 9:35 am

ok so he is not a pit but my Boston bishop has stopped wanting to eat in the am....I feed all the dogs at the same times in different areas. So this has been our schedule for his whole life (1year) now I dont know if this is what is wrong or just a coincidence but about the time we brought home Isis our new 3mo old pit ...he has now stopped wanting to eat his food in the am...I have to call and call him and then stand there and watch him the whole time to make sure he eats it and the other dogs do get it. He eats fine at night so I dont think its a medical issue but we do have a vet appointment in the next week so I will also ask them...just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts????

buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buckaroo » Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 am

Put it down and leave it for 20 minutes. If he doesn't eat, pick it back up and feed him again at the regular time. If he does begin to actually lose weight, then I'd consider a vet appointment.

zealot9802
Newborn Bully

Postby zealot9802 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 pm

My dog does this every once in a while. I just take it from her and try again in the evening. If you feed your dog only once, try again in the am. If it continues more than a couple days, consult you vet.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Thu May 22, 2008 12:46 pm

i wouldnt worry about it, at a year old your dog might be telling you that one feeding is enough..

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu May 22, 2008 1:09 pm

My girl, Veronica, skips meals all the time, or eats less than given, her activity level seems to drive her food intake (which is probably how it should be).
She gets from 1 c. - 1.5 c. /day in two feedings.

lipshipsattitude
Bully Ambassador

Postby lipshipsattitude » Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 pm

buckaroo wrote:Put it down and leave it for 20 minutes. If he doesn't eat, pick it back up and feed him again at the regular time. If he does begin to actually lose weight, then I'd consider a vet appointment.

ditto! Also did your weather recently get warmer for the summer? My dogs eat less in the heat, especially if their allergies flare up. I preffer to feed twice a day though to avoid bloat

nickynoneck
Adolescent Bully

Postby nickynoneck » Thu May 22, 2008 8:16 pm

have had the same prob a month ago so i started feeding him once a day and hes been fine seriously the daily recommended amount once a day .

Return to “Health Issues”