Mosqitos(I have no idea how to spell)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
PittiMama03031
Newborn Bully

Mosqitos(I have no idea how to spell)

Postby PittiMama03031 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:54 am

Moose is getting eaten alive by blood suckers. I have him on frontline, and I spray him with Adams Flea and tick spray. Is there anything that works?

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Thu May 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Advantix repels fleas, ticks and mosquitos. Might want to try that instead of Frontline. Just be careful with it around cats if you have them.

PittiMama03031
Newborn Bully

Postby PittiMama03031 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Thank you for replying. I don't think I will be able to use that kind, because I have an eight month old kitten at home. I read the olther post about the fact that obe of the ingred, is toxic to cats. She is constantly rubbing up against Moose, so it would be all over her too. Thanks again.

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Thu May 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Hmm, yeah, that might not work. Try doing a search on the forum if you haven't already... I could swear a while back there was a thread about good mosquito repellants for dogs. I just don't remember what was said at the time. lol

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Thu May 22, 2008 5:46 pm

PittiMama03031 wrote:Thank you for replying. I don't think I will be able to use that kind, because I have an eight month old kitten at home. I read the olther post about the fact that obe of the ingred, is toxic to cats. She is constantly rubbing up against Moose, so it would be all over her too. Thanks again.

Can you put the cat in another room until the advantix is absorbed. I have a cat and 2 young kittens. They rub up on all the dogs and I just put them in another room for the night when I do the treatments

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Thu May 22, 2008 9:43 pm

crazy4pits wrote:
PittiMama03031 wrote:Thank you for replying. I don't think I will be able to use that kind, because I have an eight month old kitten at home. I read the olther post about the fact that obe of the ingred, is toxic to cats. She is constantly rubbing up against Moose, so it would be all over her too. Thanks again.

Can you put the cat in another room until the advantix is absorbed. I have a cat and 2 young kittens. They rub up on all the dogs and I just put them in another room for the night when I do the treatments

Yeah, it is safe after it has dried... keep them separated overnight and it should be fine, or if you are really worried, for a whole day. Advantix really seems to work for the mosquitoes on Roxy. She used to go outside to potty at night and come in with all these welts on her from the skeeters, but since switching to Advantix she hardly ever seems to get bitten anymore.

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Thu May 22, 2008 11:33 pm

If you do end up trying the advantage, let me know how it works. I've always been skeptical about its claimed ability to actually repel mosquitoes. So little really stands up when they test it as a true mosquito repellent. Heck, even DEET, the most effective "repellent" we have, is actually just a "non-attractant", meaning instead of driving mosquitoes away from you it just prevents them from being able to find you by smell.

Too bad DEET isn't safe for animals because they'll lick it.

buster!brown
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buster!brown » Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 am

Good point about separating the cats and dog while it dries. I can atest to the power of Advantix - Buster used to get eaten ALIVE by them, but it really does repel it better than using any kind of Off. I also read somewhere that using Off can clog their pores.

PittiMama03031
Newborn Bully

Postby PittiMama03031 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will ask for advantix when I take him in next month. I crate Moose at night, so they will be apart until it is dry. Thanks again.

Gatorpit
Addicted to PBF

Postby Gatorpit » Sat May 24, 2008 7:38 am

As far as how to spell "mosqitos", just put a "u" after the "q" and you're all good...

"Mosquitos"

(Come on now, it's a well known rule in the English language, "U" always comes after "Q"... duh!) roflmao

Return to “Health Issues”