dewormer

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Grimmbull
Newborn Bully

dewormer

Postby Grimmbull » Fri May 23, 2008 6:32 pm

ok my brother's dog scratches his butt on the ground constantly which I know is a sign of worms but he also has hot spots so I don't know if its that. my question is if I give him dewormer but he doesnt have worms will it mess him up?

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Fri May 23, 2008 8:09 pm

are you talking about his dog scooting across the rug or floor?
scooting is usually a sign that their anal glands are not draining properly
if you suspwct worms, it is best to take a fecal in to your vwt so you know what kind of worms, or if he even has worms before you automatically treat for them
all wormers do not treat all worms, different class drugs for different types of worms
wormers are poison and added stress on a dog's system, I would not worm unless I knew for sure my dog did have them.
if it is not worms and indeed his anal glands, maybe it is time for vet to take and look and empty those anal glands too?

Grimmbull
Newborn Bully

Postby Grimmbull » Fri May 23, 2008 8:19 pm

well what he does is sit in 1 place and spin around and around when I looked earlier it looked like it was his hot spots

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Sat May 24, 2008 1:18 am

They'll rub their butt on the floor like that if it itches for any reason. Anal glands are one of the most common, but there can be other things as well. Does he lick his butt a lot too?

Return to “Health Issues”