Think Roxy is a little sick.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Think Roxy is a little sick.

Postby N2K » Sun May 25, 2008 11:18 am

Yesterday around mid day she threw up a little, mostly mucus, but that didn't stop her from playing.

So I made sure she was drinking a lot of water and was pooping fine.

She ate last night and pooped this morning, and then after breakfast she thew it all up.

Should I just make sure she drinks water for the rest of the day?

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun May 25, 2008 11:25 am

It could be a hundred different things. Mucous being thrown up is not a good sign.
Mucous is in the stomach to protect it from it's own digestive juices and if mucous is being vomited I'd be for seeking a vet's opinion soon.
I'd keep her on clear liquids for today, but don't let her drink TONS of water, small sips will be best.
But if you can get her in to the vet tomorrow, you should do so, unless she improves drastically by tomorrow.

N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby N2K » Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Any chance its her new food? I bought her a bag of Purina. I didn't fill her bowl with it but mixed a little in with her regular food.

MsPsychotic
Matured Bully

Postby MsPsychotic » Sun May 25, 2008 12:38 pm

When we first brought Bear home, if he drank too much too fast he'd cough/gag/puke a little of the water, but it was slimy. I took him to the vet to have him checked. While I was there, one of the vet tech's said she works at the humane society and she remembered Bear.. he had mild kennel cough.

They said he was fine. Just keep an eye on him and if he started puking ALL of the water he drank, then bring him in and they'd do xrays and do a full "scan" of him, but a little slimy/watery puke wasn't concerning them.

So, ya. If your pup is puking her feedings, I'd say get her into the vet just to be safe.

ZiggysMom
Super Bully

Postby ZiggysMom » Sun May 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Was this a real vomit, or just regurgitation? Vomiting has active abdominal effort, and they'll usually heave a few times before bringing anything up. Regurgitation means they're just hacking stuff up from the esophagus and not from the stomach, so they don't heave first or just have one hack and the food comes up.

Either way it's best to have the vet check it out if it continues, but the vet will want to know this so they have a better idea of where the problem is.

N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby N2K » Sun May 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Yesterday was a real vomit, this morning she just walked over and blam! No warning.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun May 25, 2008 2:37 pm

So she did heave and have stomach contractions right AFTER eating?
If she eats too fast, or too much, this could occur, add water to slow her down.
But...what kind of Purina??
Purina isn't a great food at all, there's much better foods for the $$ out there.
I'm not even being a "food snob" per se, but Maxximum from Walmart has more meat than most Purina's for less $$, and if you have Costco, Kirkland's a better food, for 40lbs. it costs just $20.00.

N2K
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby N2K » Sun May 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Yesterday she did twice, today was all of a sudden, I didn't know she barfed untill I looked down. I was putting her in her kennel, its covered from top and when I steped back after closing it, there it was.

She was eating slow in the morning like usual. I forget what kinda of Purina, don't even remember if its Purina lol. Ill check when i go back downstairs.

I tried feeding her just a little bit ago but my uncle was downstairs and she was busy barking at him. Almost a 7ft guy so shes freaked out.

Return to “Health Issues”