Please Help!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Rambo still breaks out pretty bad...always in the morning after he moves from the garage to the back yard. I have noticed that there are flys constantly around/on him. Could it be flys? What about mosquitos?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 pm

it could very well be the flys...

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 pm

could you explain more?...

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:15 pm

flies bite. fly bites hurt.some dogs are allergic to fly bites.. mosquito bites human, some humans get lump where mosquito bit.. same thing basically.

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Can someone please explain to me how changing Rambos food to a allergic formula will benefit him? His hives were HORRIBLE this morning...im pretty sure its either the flies or something on the cement outside. If changing his food will benefit him then I will do so.

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Can you take a picture of the hives? Sometimes that helps.
We've all seen our share of black fly bites, flea reactions, mange, etc.

Are they tiny red bumps?
Do tehy have heads?
Are they like rounded mosquito bites?

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 pm

tia_leigha wrote:Can you take a picture of the hives? Sometimes that helps.
We've all seen our share of black fly bites, flea reactions, mange, etc.

Are they tiny red bumps?
Do tehy have heads?
Are they like rounded mosquito bites?

Look at the first post on the first page.

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 pm

bump

bullyball
Newborn Bully

Postby bullyball » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am

If it's the backyard, can you keep him inside? Get a dog gate and keep him in the kitchen when you're out? Then you can watch him all the time he's outside and see if you can find the trigger.

BTW it doesn't need to be something new he's been exposed to- everyone has mentioned this- but continuous exposure to an allergen can all of the sudden cause a response whether he's been around something for hours, weeks or even years.

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Postby tia_leigha » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Sorry I was at work and forgot not all of the pics show up b/c of the filter roflmao gah I hate this place

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm

its a no brainer. since he is getting hives from being outside LEAVE HIS FOOD ALONE and dont change it.. obviously something outside is causing the hives, whether plastic or bugs.. move the dog INSIDE the house , spray the yard for the flies, and dont leave him outside where the flies can bite him.

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 pm

I have Rambo in the Garage right now. I cant let him stay in the house. We rent our house...big dog has to stay outside. So, he hasnt eaten yet...i guess hes not that hungry right now. Right now its 11:15am and his hives arent that bad...still there but not that bad. By this time if he were in the backyard...his hives would be pretty bad. The only difference between the backyard and garage is the shade...he cant sun bathe while in the garage. In the backyard hes always sun bathing. Its much hotter in the backyard too sometimes. Theres no grass in the backyard...only concrete and rocks. Flys are pretty much everywhere just not that bad in the garage.

But...he hasnt eaten yet...so we will see what happens after he eats.
Allergies are so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:25 pm

does the landlord say no dogs in the house? if so, why did you get a dog then? you can not keep him outside and get bitten by flies, its your duty as an owner to make sure he gets the best care, even down to not being bitten by flies.. if he is getting the hives from fly bites then its not food allergies... if he is in the garage and not getting hives from bites then its a no brainer.

Monsta
Newborn Bully

Postby Monsta » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Maryellen wrote: if he is in the garage and not getting hives from bites then its a no brainer.

Hes allergic to the backyard? I dont see how its a "no brainer".

sammy
Newborn Bully

Postby sammy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:52 pm

I think she means that if the hives go down from being in the garage were there are less to no flies there is a good chance that it is indeed an allergic reaction to the flies around in general.

Maybe make him a run outside (when you cant have him in house or in the garage over time) and put a mosquito net over it?

(All the good owner/bad owner accusations aside) Maybe it would be a good idea to have a look around to see if you can find a rental were you can have your baby inside or see the vet for some antihistamine tablets to relief him of the reaction...?! At least until the heavy fly season is over :)

As for his food, personally i dont think it will change much if you change it unless you think the food you are giving now can be of better quality ofcourse

:thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”